The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 1990 Esprit SE. I have always wanted one. Living that childhood dream this week. The car needs a few mechanical things sorted out. It has been sitting for awhile. I am not looking forward to doing the timing belt.
I do have a few questions for the group. 1). Is there an illustrated parts list or diagram?
2). Is there a crossover parts list?
3). Is the window motor from another car?
4). The car takes about 3-4 attempts to start. The engine turns over and start running by dies after about 0.5-1. It will do this about 3 times and then it will run on. It idles and accelerates. Thoughts on what to look at first? Sounds fuel related.
286C0ABB-698B-4B90-AD07-EC09B47129D5.jpeg

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,192 Posts
Man, the Delorean has to be one of the coolest shapes to ever roll off an assembly line. It's just so...eighties, in the best possible sense. Congrats on the Esprit as well!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,954 Posts
WELCOME. Always glad to see another Esprit owner onboard.
Introduce yourself over on the Esprit area of the Forum, as well. Ask your questions there (or do an Advanced Search).

When you get enough posts to start a Conversation, get in touch with me about manuals and parts lists, and alternate parts lists.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No way the DeLorean is lower than the Esprit!
Welcome! Looks like more and more Esprit are coming home to God's Country.
I've been curious what the two have in common. Same platform, yes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way the DeLorean is lower than the Esprit!
Welcome! Looks like more and more Esprit are coming home to God's Country.
I've been curious what the two have in common. Same platform, yes?
Delorean was primarily designed by Lotus. The frame is similar in shape as the Eclat. The Delorean has a fiberglass subframe and the stainless is screwed to it. Interior has some similarities to Esprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts