The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New member here, after viewing as a guest for a long time. Not a Lotus owner yet, but a huge British car fan / owner for 30+ years. Currently own a 67 (aka 99) right hand drive Mini Cooper S. My DD is a 2001 Subaru 2.5RS. Have had a couple Triumphs, and Minis over the years as well.

Currently starting homework on Exige S and preparing to purchase in the late Spring time-frame....so will definitely be checking out the forums to learn as much I can and get advice.

Right now, here in Northern VA awaiting another big winter/snow event. Although only an inch here seems to shut everything down.

Pics of my 2.5RS during last snow, and the Lotus stand at the DC car show a couple weeks ago.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Uncle Sam...The wonders of photoshop! (or my youngest becoming the latest car fanatic!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello,
Currently starting homework on Exige S and preparing to purchase in the late Spring time-frame....so will definitely be checking out the forums to learn as much I can and get advice.

Thanks!
Buy before the spring the prices will go up a few G's, other than that have fun finding the right vehicle to buy. I have owned two 07 elises. I am still looking for the exige s. I will just wait...

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice looking Subie. A lot of Lotus owners in the NoVa area, good luck in your search and as said if you can now is the time to buy, or wait to next winter.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All. I appreciate all the advice. I guess I should accelerate my search / purchase timeframe.

Are there any Lotus clubs / meetings in NoVa or metro DC area? (Just found the section of the forum that lists the clubs/outings by region---still learning my way around the forum)

Anyone ever deal with EuroMotorCars Lotus in Bethesda...for service or purchase?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...look forward to it!

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Thanks All. I appreciate all the advice. I guess I should accelerate my search / purchase timeframe.

Are there any Lotus clubs / meetings in NoVa or metro DC area? (Just found the section of the forum that lists the clubs/outings by region---still learning my way around the forum)

Anyone ever deal with EuroMotorCars Lotus in Bethesda...for service or purchase?
DC chapter of Lotus Ltd is having pizza night on February 26.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Does the DC LLtd have an active website with a calendar of events? I couldn't find anything online.
Contact Phil Mitchell at [email protected].

He's headed up the chapter for years. He puts out a monthly newsletter via email with events, classifieds, etc. Do it soon because the next one comes out shortly.

Pizza night is at J & P pizza in Scaggsville, MD.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great...will contact Phil today. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome - glad to have another local join the fun. I too am a Subaru owner and have been searching for the past 6 months or so. If all things go well I will be closing the deal on a 06 Elise, from out of state, in the next two weeks or so. I was first looking at Exige's but the prices have gone up a good deal over the past 9 months or so.

Good luck on your search and I look forward to meeting you at one of the upcoming events.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool. My Subie came in handy today with the foot+ of snow! Look forward to meeting you as well. I noticed the prices rising on the Exige too...so hopefully I can find something clean with low miles soon. Good luck with your Elise purchase! Will have to see some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
685 Posts

I haven't been to EuroMotorCars, I know other members have. I called them about getting my recalls done, they said they were busy and would call me back. Never heard from them, you don't make money with recall work. So I'll have to give them another call this Spring when I get back from Kuwait.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts

I've dealt with Euro Motorcars Lotus. You should contact Jamie Gershowitz, the manager there. I bought a car from him over a year ago - a good experience. Jamie often comes to Katie's Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings, but none of us will be there this weekend. :mad:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've dealt with Euro Motorcars Lotus. You should contact Jamie Gershowitz, the manager there. I bought a car from him over a year ago - a good experience. Jamie often comes to Katie's Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings, but none of us will be there this weekend. :mad:

Thanks...I met Jamie at the DC car show a couple weeks ago. Seemed very professional and very knowledgeable. Even offered to check VIN / service history of cars I see at other dealers or personal sales. Good to hear some others have had good experience with Jamie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts