The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking to add another car to the garage and was looking at the Exige. They are a bit hard to find in this area and I wanted to ask a favor of anyone in the DFW area that has one. Yeah first post even LOL. I have not found any near me and would love for someone to offer a ride in one if possible. I am in DFW Texas area. I can of course work around your schedule :) I was just wanting to see one in person before i drive to another state to buy one and get their and hate it.

I am more a drag strip kinda guy but am looking to try road course and the Exige would be perfect for that! Right now for the drag strip we race a modified 2012 Evo X (400whp) and a modified 2013 Nissa GTR (640whp). We have built these cars for straight line driving so want something else for road course.

Thanks for the input!
Shane

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Hello Shane,

There are a few Exiges in the area, and I am sure someone will give you a ride. They are awesome little track tools. Don't take this the wrong way.... but in my experience, people with 400hp Evo and 640hp GTRs are not the most likely to enjoy a Lotus. A Vette or Viper, maybe... but a Lotus? Just a very different animal. Anyway, good luck and hopefully we will see you at the track in one. They really are all about the corners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that is what I am looking for, a car that will take a corner and run threw a road course track. We got the straight line covered ;)

I also like cars that you don't see on every corner and just about any flavor of lotus is that. We live in a town of 40k or so and I can only remember seeing on Lotus and it was a Elise. We like all 3, the elise. exige and the evora but the exige is the one that caught my eye, its just a great looking car. I bet that car is a real attention getter and I have read the track specks and it looks like what I am searching for. I would use my GTR but even set to the lowest boost levels the car still has a good bit of power. I am very good at the drag strip but have never ran road course so I need something that has decent power and great stability and the Lotus seems to be that ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
What part of DFW are you in?

Yep that is what I am looking for, a car that will take a corner and run threw a road course track. We got the straight line covered ;)

I also like cars that you don't see on every corner and just about any flavor of lotus is that. We live in a town of 40k or so and I can only remember seeing on Lotus and it was a Elise. We like all 3, the elise. exige and the evora but the exige is the one that caught my eye, its just a great looking car. I bet that car is a real attention getter and I have read the track specks and it looks like what I am searching for. I would use my GTR but even set to the lowest boost levels the car still has a good bit of power. I am very good at the drag strip but have never ran road course so I need something that has decent power and great stability and the Lotus seems to be that ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts