The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, 2000 Toyota Celica GTS, <hope to insert Lotus here>
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here just introducing myself. I've had many, many vehicles over the last three decades, from mild to wild, from track worthy to off road capable. Went through a spell over the past 3-4 years of jumping car to car, just didn't land on the one that "fit" anymore. A BRZ with tune and exhaust, full STI drivetrain swapped Subaru Forester, and currently a 650whp 2011 CTS-V coupe are a few of the recent ones. Also have a '00 Celica GTS and my son's Lexus ISF that I tinker with. I had considered an Elise when I bought the CTS-V but had always wanted a V, found a low mileage one so I jumped on it. It's an automatic, and it's brutally fast, but it didn't take long before I realized it was just not checking the boxes. This is going to sound weird, but the BRZ ruined it for me. It was fun all the time, slow but fun. The V's power is addictive, but it's not engaging to drive. Yes it's REALLY fast, and one of the faster cars in a straight line that I've owned. But at almost 50, just find myself not needing the bragging rights any longer and wanting a more rounded driver's car.

So the V is about to be sold, probably sell the Celica too. Seriously thinking of replacing them with a Lotus. I go back and forth between a NA Evora and putting a BOE Stage 2 on it, or do an Elise with a REV400. I realize these are two very different beasts, so we'll see what mood I'm in when I get to the buying point.

Glad to be here and look forward to the discussions.

Paul

·
Administrator
1,548 Posts
Welcome to LT! Going back thru old posts between the two and other options ought to give you a lot to form an opinion with.

·
He's on fire!
3,256 Posts
Welcome!

A senior at Texas A&M was overheard saying.. "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in East Texas. When asked why, he replied he'd rather be in East Texas because everything happens in East Texas 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol. 20 years may be a little optimistic for the deep Piney Woods.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
78 Posts
Welcome. What part of East Texas? If you're looking to get some exposure to some local cars, you could join the Lotus Owners of Texas FB page, there are some beautiful cars around and we meet relatively often. The group is centered in Austin, so it might be a drive, but might be worth it to check a few cars out and see what people have done to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Tyler. I'll check out that FB page. Austin is a bit of a trek, but I do get down there from time to time.

Is there a North Texas (DFW) group or just the one that everyone participates in?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
78 Posts
I think there is a Dallas based one as well as a Houston based one but I'm not positive. Ask in the main one, I know we at least have one guy in Dallas that would know if there's a group there or not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there is a Dallas based one as well as a Houston based one but I'm not positive. Ask in the main one, I know we at least have one guy in Dallas that would know if there's a group there or not
I found a thread here for a FB group "North Texas Lotus Club" and joined that one too. North Texas Lotus Club

1 - 8 of 8 Posts