The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all,

I have registered to this forum because I would like to buy a lotus. I'm here to get many feedbacks and informations :)

I need to drive an automatic gearbox (physical constraint), so i'm looking for an evora s ips but I would like something more hardcore. An exige v6 with ips will be perfect for me... maybe one day.

thanks to all to share your experiences and knowledges :)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If you have to have a Lotus and an automatic then an Evora is the most hardcore you can get.

Why not a Porsche or an Audi or a Lamborghini or a Corvette with paddle shifting?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you have to have a Lotus and an automatic then an Evora is the most hardcore you can get.

Why not a Porsche or an Audi or a Lamborghini or a Corvette with paddle shifting?
In France you can get an Exige Cup R with sequential, that's the most hardcore you could get! Although you might be stuck on a track :D

Corvette in France are non-existant. It's a luxury that would end up costing way more than a used Gallardo. And at 8$ a gallon, I would stay far far away from that Chevy engine.

De quelle region de France ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your messages.

I have tested a lotus evora s ips sport racer, which is really good. The suedetex interior is really nice. In my opinion, the best interior of all evora. This is a really good car but quite expensive. I have also tested a cayman s type 981 with pdk gearbox. Even if the PDK is much more quicker than the IPS, my feeling was better with the Evora. Maybe it's irrational :)

Few years ago (I think 3 years ago), I was at the geneva motor show, and an exige s v6 roadster was presented with an automatic gearbox. My dream comes true... Unfortunately it was a "fake". what a pity !

In France you can get an Exige Cup R with sequential, that's the most hardcore you could get! Although you might be stuck on a track
Yes the Exige cup R seems to be awesome. But as you said, not homologated for road use :(

So I'm waiting for a good opportunity for a used evora s sr or maybe... who knows... a future exige with ips :)

De quelle region de France ?
De haute savoie, près de la frontière suisse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yattah ! I dreamed it, lotus did it. We will have a lotus exige s with automatic gearbox.

Next year I will have/drive this car.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
The ExigeV6 IPS is now available to world other than US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts