The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Orange
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some of you can help me out with a few questions I have about an Evora that I’m willing to buy.
(Excuses for maybe some false grammatica or spelling)

I’m searching and waiting now for more than a year for a secondhand car. Had one test drived (loved it) but that car was to expensive. The problem in Holland is that there are not that many Evora’s on the road (just 15 :(). Importing an used car from surrounding countries such as Germany is an option but to much work for me with to much risks.

The last year there was a new British racing green Evora for sale that in time has drop a lot in price. It’s a 2010 model with 60 kilometers and the full 2 years factory warranty. It’s now 49.900 Euro, that is 65% of the original new price. I love the color combo, it's classic.

Seldenrijk.nl

This car has stand for 3,5 years in the showroom. I have messaged the dealer for a testdrive. I know al the possible imperfection of the Evora but I’m wondering what the extra problems could be if a car is standing that long without driving? I guess extra service of the engine and airco, looking for flat spotted tires. Is there more I must ask or looking for?

This Evora is without the Tech Pack. I know that it’s possible to install the cruise control but does this also count for the audio/navigation system with the back up camera?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but is this being sold as "new"? I would be hesitant to touch a car that has sat for three years but if it has the full warranty that adds some comfort. Bigger question though is IF this is an authorized dealer are they capable of ironing out some of the issues that would be sure to appear on a 2010 that has sat for this long. I could be totally off base. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
If it is without warranty then I would not buy it. The early Evoras did have quite a few teething problems which were handled generously by Lotus -in the end they probably lost money on every car. So, a full 3 year warranty is the most important part (6 months dealer guarantee is definitvely too short), otherwise expect to spend up to 10.000 € (if there is a clutch issue) on fixes.

Secondly, if the car has been standing so long there will be some more issues. The tires are probably hard and need replacement. The clutch may have frozen and was a soft spot on early cars. Did the car stand outside or inside? Again, all no issue if you have the warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
make sure the dealer replace new tyres, clutch cable, battery, rubber seals.

try to get a complementary upgrade to tech pack. you need that reverse camera.

·
Registered
57 Posts
having read all the issues that could occur with older models, i would not bother buying it. If you really want one your going to have to look outside NL.

Try calling Adrian Kent at Lotus, he sometimes has ex demos or ex lotus driving school cars. And clearly these would have been looked after so you have piece of mind. I bought a 2011 s for 25k GBP fully loaded had the gears cables changed for free. thats alot less than 49k Euro, say Ad sent you for a further brucey bonus

·
Orange
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello you guys thanks for the info and tips. That warrenty issue is sure something to investigate. I will call the official Lotus dealer here in Holland to find out what the history is of this car and if the warrenty is still on. Even when the car is sold by a regular dealer and it's standing this long without a registration and license plates.

Gr Rick

·
Orange
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally I got one!

After a long time I finally got a Lotus Evora. It's a full-options S from 2011 in Quartz Silver with an Oyster interior.

Some little problems need to be solved by the dealer together with a good clean and polish..... and then is will be mine. :)

Gr Rick

·
Registered
178 Posts
Every Evora I see with those special order wheels look amazing. Something about the low profile tires paired with the diamond cut and 20" wheels... It's such a great combo.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Every Evora I see with those special order wheels look amazing. Something about the low profile tires paired with the diamond cut and 20" wheels... It's such a great combo.
Not really special order, they seem to be on every "S" even though they are an option.

·
Illegal Alien
5,262 Posts
Looks Fine, your wait was worth it.

·
Registered
394 Posts

I'm a happy man rotfl

Rick
I just got a Silver one also, good luck and that is a funny tag you have. Never seen one with out and numbers or letters. rotfl

Randy

·
Orange
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, as we say in Holland, 'het was het wachten waard' :rolleyes:

Rick

·
Orange
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
- Never seen one with out and numbers or letters -

LOL you never know who is watching this forum

Rick

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Congrats! Must feel good to finally get her home. Have fun. Don't you need to run to the store for something about now? :shift:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts