The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on the forums for a month and impressed by the wealth of information available. I currently drive a 2008 Honda Civic (DD) and a 2011 Jaguar XK but would love to own an Elise. The plan was to sell the Jag and buy an Elise but that was a no go with the wife :( After a while though, she agreed to let me get an Elise as long as we can keep the Jag :clap: So, I've been searching daily for the "right" one and there's a couple Elises I have my eye on now. Does anyone have any info or know the owners of these two vehicles? One is a a 2006 Elise SC (storm titanium) and the other is a 2007 Elise SC (aspen white I believe). Thanks!

Lotus Elise SC | eBay

Cars for Sale: 2007 Lotus Elise SC in Trabuco Canyon, CA 92678: Convertible Details - 358000023 - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks darkSol. I actually test drove that Elise soon after it showed up on Aristocrat's lot. It was loads of fun but I was wishing for a bit more power (and a hardtop which the car didn't have). There's also a 2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise in Olathe with less than 10,000 miles that I looked at as well. It was beautiful and had a hardtop but there were some cosmetic defects (scrapes under the front clam along with a crack under the Starshield, and a few rock chips). Also, the salesmen didn't know if the oil cooler line recall was taken care of so I'm assuming it wasn't done. Maybe I'm being too picky??? It would be nice to find a clean Elise with a supercharger.....or perhaps buy one cheaper and add the supercharger later? Btw, I saw pics of your Elise and all I can say is wow...beautiful car!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
05/06s are the best value out there.

Power is no problem. This you can be certain of ;)

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Thanks for the kudos! My recommendation is to get a nice 2005/2006 and go see Phil at BOE here in KC for the extra power you're craving. :)
+1!!

05/06s are the best value out there.

Power is no problem. This you can be certain of ;)
Just added BOE's 300TVS. I, among others, highly recommend the BOE team's SC options. I am more than pleased:clap:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys! More likely than not, I may end up getting an 05/06 but I can't keep my eyes off the 06 Elise on Ebay.....appears very clean, SC, and lots of nice mods. The fact that it's an auction and I can't talk directly with the owner makes me a little nervous though. Thoughts on this vehicle?

Phil, it's great to see BOE here in KC so if I do end up with an base 05/06, I'll be heading your way :)

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
For what its worth, the one recommended by darkSol appears to be a better deal. You may be able to negotiate it down a few thousand. Use the cash you save and have Phil tinker with it. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After much thought, I will take everyone's advice and look further into a 05/06 Elise and talk to Phil about a supercharger. The one at Aristocrat isn't exactly my preferred color choice but I haven't ruled it out yet. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.

Phil, if you see this, I sent you an e-mail about supercharging. Not sure if it went through. Thanks.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah yes....I've seen his car online and have no doubt that it is well taken care of, however, I can't get over the fact that it has over 100,000 miles. Currently, I'm talking to a certain reputable dealer/shop in Florida who does rebuilds and has some good prospects in the works. I wasn't a fan of rebuilt titles but I'm warming up to the idea.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
If you're talking about wirewheel, then yes. Good people. Hayes, who owns the place, is a true gentleman. The cars he has with blem titles are about the only blem titled Lotuses I'd buy sight unseen. In other words, buy from Hayes with confidence.

Phil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Phil, it is wirewheel, and Hayes has been extremely courteous and patient with all of my questions about his cars. He has a few 05/06 Elises in the works now and a 07 which won't be ready for a couple months. In your opinion, cost aside, is the 07 worth looking into? I heard the headlights are terrible in general but better in the 07. Raised lettering is nice but not that big a deal. Mostly, I wonder if they are more costly to work on/repair.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome, best of luck to you in your forthcoming purchase, and it's a heck of a nice part of the country to be in. BOE = :up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks avonnieda! I was hesitant at first about a Lotus purchase since the nearest dealership is 4 hours away, but I feel much better knowing BOE is in town. Also great to see support in the KC area!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
the headlights are dealt with as simply as changing to a quality bulb. I installed OSRAM Nightbreakers and they will turn night to day. Don't get hung up on the year. They are all the same car. IMO, the early 05's are the best of the lot.(waiting for folks to jump on me..haha) I just like a throttle cable, 2005 is the only year with a throttle cable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts