The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most I have been a lurker for some time.

Also, like most, I am nothing less than addicted to driving cars on the track. I must say the prospect of owning one of these cars is a slippery slope. I first started off thinking I was just going to get a high milage '05 elise for cheap and sure enough not 6 months later I find myself eying Exige S240's... Thankfully (for my wallet) I found something in between.

A 2007 Exige S at an unbelievable price! What made it crazy was that two others were already heading out to see the car with cash in hand while me, 3000 miles away, had work the next day. To solve this, my girlfriend actually agreed to take an overnight flight to meet the seller the next morning and.. well.. you can see the result below!

Attachments

·
Failed at Self Control
652 Posts
Very Nice!! :clap:

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
430 Posts
Nice. Love the pics. You may want to edit your story before your girlfriend reads it. :D What, can't I kid?

Oh and please post pic of girlfriend.

- All in good fun. Congratulations.

- Alex

·
Registered
103 Posts
I too wonder the product used to make your car soooo shiny

I just bought my Ltous Elise and find that the paint looks almost a dull lustre already and I have only been driving it two weeks.

Along same lines, is it common for the paint to chip so easily in the event of a rock or stray door jam? Just curious, and want to know how to carefully remedy them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wow, congrats and damn.. car looks like it was cared for. Come out to our LA Dinner / Canyon meets!!

If your paint is dull, wash it, clay it, polish it, then wax it using Mcguiars Nxt wax (cheaper route) or my ultimate favorite Zymol Concours. Paint will feel like it's wet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all of the welcome! I look forward to meeting everyone in the LA area. Unfortunately, with my work schedule, its hard for me to make it to anything during the week but if there is another sunday one Ill be there.

Before taking the pictures I just washed, polished, and waxed it using Mcguires products. I think the real secret though was taking the pictures in a parking garage where there are a lot of individual bright lights. Makes for a lot of hilights. :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for all the tips on products and photo 'enhancers'. Actually, Because the car is so new and I am a bit scared of doing permanent damage, I am taking it to someone for its first spa treatment and having 2/3 of the car covered in ventureshield. I will feel much better after it has at least some protection. Hope you guys are having as much fun as I am!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Dude. Awesome girlfriend, don't know many that would agree to that! A keep for sure! And the car is nice, too. ;)

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Thanks for all the tips on products and photo 'enhancers'. Actually, Because the car is so new and I am a bit scared of doing permanent damage, I am taking it to someone for its first spa treatment and having 2/3 of the car covered in ventureshield. I will feel much better after it has at least some protection. Hope you guys are having as much fun as I am!
...and 1/3 of the girlfriend? ...to help preserve her too? :D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Congrats. Looks great. That car is my exact twin. Hopefully I'll see you rolling around town.

Wonder if you are the one I saw on Sunset on Sat night, I posted about it in the spotters thread
That was me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts