The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am finally saying hello. :wave:
I have been browsing these forms for a long time. It all started 6 years ago when my old boss rewarded me by renting me a BRG Elise for the weekend. I was somewhat familiar with Lotus but had never spent any time around one. at the time I was about to purchase a new car (G37/350Z), after driving the Lotus, I changed my mind and started to save a little more to get an Exige.
In a few months I was looking for a new car. About the same time that I was going to make this purchase, my Girlfriend and I decided we wanted to get married, so things got a little delayed. No biggy, I regained the money spent for the wedding in about a year and was looking for a car again.
Then, unexpectedly, my wife started having a lot of pain in her teeth and jaw. We went to the dentist and found out the cause of her pain was a rare condition and the only way to fix it properly was to have major oral surgery that was only covered 8% with the best dental insurance. So for the price of a new Exige she had multiple bone grafts, gum grafts, and 6 implants. 1 and 1/2 years later my wife's mouth is as good as new.
so, I went back to save for a Lotus again :rolleyes:
now, 6 years after driving the Elise, I finally purchased my own Lotus, a new (to me) black 07 Exige.
This forum has been a huge help educating me on the car, I hope to join some of you guys on a drive or meet soon.

cheers,

AJ

a few pics...

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
glad for your wife's successful recovery.

since you married, maybe need to change the plate? rotfl

NEED A DATE

·
Registered
949 Posts
Ahhh, so you're the one who beat me to buying that car! Better be seeing you at our dinner meetups!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Congrats, great story - glad to hear you had your priorities in the correct order.

Best color of the best car - great choice. Plans to track her? (please say yes!) :)

Welcome to the group. Where are ya?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ shay2nak
yeah, the plates need to come off :) I should have the new ones shortly, Mark wants em back.

@ pax
I was shopping for a few months, i really wanted a club racer but in the end i didn't want to deal with transportation (me or the car) since all of them were out of state. black wasn't my first choice, it requires a lot of maintenance to keep the paint looking good, but when it is detailed it look great. I still need to give it a proper detail, tuns of spiderwebs...

@ rosscarlson
I live in Hollywood California
Yes, i believe i have my priorities in somewhat of a good order. it was not fun reviewing the estimate cost of all of the surgeries, but the end result is worth it. both me and my wife are foodies so eating is important :clap:
I now know quite a bit about the dental practice... maybe i should quit CGfx and become a dentist... :panic:
fwiw, most peoples mandible nerve runs along the bottom of the jaw, my wife's is in the middle and has multiple vestigial branches as well as not having a constant diameter... the oral surgeon is going to be writing a paper on it i guess.

I am on an adventure

AJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts