The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent so much time over here, reading all the info that you all so generously offer here.

So I thought that it's time to sign up, be it to say "thank you".

I'm in little green Luxembourg (towards the north) which is mostly hills, forests and curvy little roads in impeccable condition; basically perfect for an Elise.

My good-weather car is a 2009 white Elise that is almost stock. Changes are:
- an all-alloy radiator to prevent leaks on the sides in case of a sudden downpour.
- CF side scoops that actually house the air intake
- for the cold season I use the Lotus hard top in white.

Unfortunately I don't get to drive it as often as I'd like to. It's only got 19,000km now, that's 11,800 miles.

so.... hello from little Luxembourg!

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
:wave:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome and yes, tons of great info here!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome Vavoo!
Yeah, this (site) is one of my daily stops on the internet -- 'always a great source for information... And you're right -- Luxembourg is an almost PERFECT venue for our "toys." I was stationed @ Spangdahlem (GE) for 8+ years, so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Needless to say, I really enjoyed myself --and one of these days, I intend to re-visit my old haunts!

·
Registered
59 Posts
you live in a great area. just been there on holiday and the roads are fabulous. near to the eiffel region, black forest and just a day drive from the alps. We had such a great time on the N85, N202, D28, D2202 etc... beautiful views, but best of all, curvy and no traffic (except the N85). Enjoy yourselve and do the ring. Great experience, and lots of likeminded people over there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the nice welcome!

[email protected]: if you've been stationed at that base, we probably have met before! When you came to Ettelbruck with all your APC's, helicopters, artillery, field camps, Patriot launchers etc. etc. etc. for the "Remembrance Day" event in the first week of July, I was one of the kids who kept asking you for a "souvenir". Man... I had bags full of army and air force pins, hats, field rations and so on.

Uncle Sam: there's some of us, yes. When I drive on little curvy forest roads that basically are only used for the pleasure of driving, I sometimes happen to cross another Lotus; and there's always a happy exchange of hand signs ;-)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Vavoo!

I left back in '97, so I'm not sure our paths crossed... But, I did enjoy meeting all of our allies and their families at the various informal military functions -- and swapping uniform items! And some of my favorite places were Vianden, Diekirch, and Echternach. Yeah, it don't get much better than having a beer (or two) on a sunny day up-above Vianden Castle! (Obviously, I didn't have the Lotus back then... rather a Porsche 944 -- which was still a lot of fun.)

Take care...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I remember correctly, everybody left around '97! '96 was probably the last "Remembrance Day" we had here.

You have good taste in "nice places": I live in Diekirch ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
‘Sorry to hear about the demise of Remembrance Day. Maybe it’s just held elsewhere? It’s a shame certain traditions fade away...

And I don’t believe you’ve got one straight road in Diekirch... ‘nothing but curves! Ha...ha. The WWII Museum is excellent -- very detailed -- even with the way it "smells."

But I’ve got to say -- you’ve got the best “french fries” in the WORLD -- with all those sauce options! And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Luxembourg’s Oktoberfest -- now there’s a GOOD TIME. Yeah, I kinda miss my ole stomping grounds.

G 'night...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi vavoo,

Ive moved to luxembourg about 6 mnths ago. Love the place but unfortunately havent had the occasssion yet to try out the road since i arrived.

I live in Roodt sur syre, like 15km east of luxembourg ville. Once i will have my car back we could maybe meet up.

I have some lotuses driving around close too my home but havent had the occassion to chat with any of the drivers.

Keep in touch

Peter

·
Wow Such Admin
6,959 Posts
Welcome!

I really miss living in Europe. I was young at the time but I can remember most of it. We went through Luxembourg a few times. It's so nice over there, and so many awesome driving roads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts