The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A delayed introduction, as I've had my car for about 6 weeks now :)

I live in SE Michigan and just bought a 2006 Aspen White Elise SC. A good friend of mine (Ironmatt) let me drive his 08 S240 Exige and that pretty much did it.

I don't have any *good* pics yet of my car, but very excited so far to have it! I bought it from the Newport Beach Lotus Dealer, actually, and had it shipped here! This site was instrumental in me getting this car, as it was posted here,it's this car: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2006-lotus-elise-w-lsd-164074/

ON TOP OF THE ABOVE, the car also had these items installed (but not listed): :nanner:
- Multivex Mirrors
- Nitron Singles
- Upgraded Toe Links
- Some kind of brace (*unsure* if it's the RTD2 or DS or other, I have yet to get under the car myself, but the mechanic who inspected it indicated bracing)

Let me tell you, the dealer was EXTREMELY helpful and expedient, as well as polite - Abe was very attentive and made the process very seamless. I would absolutely recommend getting a car from them if you see one that interests you. Their dealer experience was very good.

To give a point of reference, I work in the auto industry: I used to be an engineer for a tier 1 parts supplier, but now work in Purchasing for a Japanese OEM. And yes, I love my company's cars, too! :)

I do have some plans for the car for next year, but right now am just getting the last vestiges of good weather in before she goes into cold storage for the winter.

So anyway, in a long-winded way just wanted to introduce myself.

Looking forward to enjoying the car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Congrats from a fellow Michigander. Look forward to seeing some pics; it'll be strange having another Aspen White Lotus around these parts. ;)

I'm fairly certain we've met before when Matt was removing his rear clam. Do you work in Farmington Hills, by chance?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we met at Matt's when he was taking the clam off and I was helping. Yep, I work in Farmington Hills.

The funny thing is there is ANOTHER AW Elise tooling around here, I've seen it in the Farmington Hills area. Not sure who the owner is though.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I just moved AWAY from Farmington........ ( To Watkins Glen )

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah we met at Matt's when he was taking the clam off and I was helping. Yep, I work in Farmington Hills.

The funny thing is there is ANOTHER AW Elise tooling around here, I've seen it in the Farmington Hills area. Not sure who the owner is though.
I think that was me, I work in Farmington Hills at 12 Mile RD. and Farmington Rd. I have seen an AW Elise on 12 Mile Rd. not too long ago, was that you? I drive a 2006 SY Elise.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

If you see a 1988 Esprit somewhere between Farmington (home) and Berkley (work), that would be me. I have seen quite a few Elises on the road, but never another Esprit. We should have a local gathering!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may have been me. The key for my car is the previous owner painted the top radiator venting white. So if you see that, it's mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Welcome to the family TT5 - you're soon going to learn what it means to be a Lotus owner. You'll think of nothing else, you'll talk of nothing else. You'll lose your friends and your family will disown you. Women will have nothing to do with you but 12 year old boys will chase you as fast as they can run. Finally you'll spend all your time here in the warm glow of LotusTalk, where we all venture when we can't take our cars for an adventure.

-Ross

·
Registered
831 Posts
Several of us in B'ham and BH. Mine is dark blue. Often congregate at Auto Europe on Eaton, especially before GLLC meets.

Funny, my wife saw a black Elise pulling out of a street two blocks from me, leaving a house in sight. Never seen it before.

Welcome to an odd club.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, guys. Yeah I've already been to Auto Europe for a once-over and I don't doubt it. Well if you get together let me know, I don't live far from Woodward, only about 2 miles away.

As for eating, breathing and thinking cars, it's all I do all day working for an OEM, but I must confess passenger cars are far less sexy than a Lotus :)

And yes, my Fiance is already worried that I'll marry the car instead of her, LOL.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am a very new Lotus owner as well. We picked up an ardent red '05 Elise not too long ago so you probably haven't seen me around. I also live in the Bloomfield area. I also have not posted any pics yet:( I also will be very busy getting it up to snuff for 2014 track season. I'm going to be going through lots of propane to keep my garage warm this winter :p

There seems to be a lot of SE Michigan Lotus owners in the woodwork. We need to get together more often!

·
Registered
163 Posts
What have been you guys' experiences with Auto Europe?

I've been thinking about getting an Evora, but I'm a little concerned about being tied to a single dealership for service.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another AW owner here! 2006 AW Exige in A2, to be specific. Mostly a garage queen, but you may see her out and about on the nicer summer days.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Wow! There is a whole lot of Michigan going on. Welcome.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
What have been you guys' experiences with Auto Europe?

I've been thinking about getting an Evora, but I'm a little concerned about being tied to a single dealership for service.
NOTHING to worry about .....AE Service is second to none. They KNOW Lotus and it shows !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Wow! There is a whole lot of Michigan going on. Welcome.
Yeah really...... I move OUT of Michigan and everyone buys a Lotus. Now we need more Lotus owners in Watkins Glen area.... ( I'M the only one around !! )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts