The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad owned a '66 Elan many years ago (since sold, regrettably). I'm thinking that it's time for another Lotus in the family. Any help locating a white Elise with Sport Package is appreciated. Thanks! SRF86

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Welcome.

The best advice I can offer for your search is not to limit yourself geographically. If you haven't already done so start here in the For Sale section and add Ebay, Cars.com, etc. A good deal will usually pay for its own shipping costs, even if you find your car in southern California as I did.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Look for cars on here, be very patient. It will come along. You get the added bonus of people that know the car and can ask for references or history on the owner and the car. When we bought our Elise in LA we had a fellow LT member test drive it for us and give a great synopsis of the condition.

I checked hourly for months! Have the two I wanted in the garage.

Again..........Be patient.

If you look other places, post the VIN, pictures and location on here and ask if anyone knows the car, chances are you will find a few.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Be prepared to travel but hit up your guys in Birmingham. Also hit up Bill Nuccio in the Chicago area. If you are willing to travel/ship, hit up Abe at Newport Lotus. They can all hunt for you, but as noted this is the place to find almost every Lotus for sale

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'm definitely willing to travel for the right car. Would also consider an Exige since I found out that the top is removable!
Regards, SRF86

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'm definitely willing to travel for the right car. Would also consider an Exige since I found out that the top is removable!

Regards, SRF86

If/when I get my next one, I'm half tempted to pick one halfway across the country just for the sake of a road trip. Pre Purchase Inspection is a must, and you can probably find someone on here to take a look at it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts