The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time lurker who finally joined the forum, which looks like a friendly place with lots of info. My Lotus is a 1969 Elan which I've owned for decades. I'm starting to get interested in an Elise for the performance and better reliability. Sometimes I stop at Auto Europe service just to see what they are working on, which is usually a few new and old Lotuses.

The Elan is always a learning experience if you do most of your own work. Friends helped to remove the body for some chassis reinforcing. The engine, suspension and brakes were rebuilt a few years ago. The car runs pretty good but it needs paint and new wiring would be good too.

Can anyone recommend a painter in SE Michigan with Lotus experience?

Also, do you guys in SE Michigan get together at all during the winter to talk over a beer and a sandwich?

Bob

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Welcome Bob!
Love Elans. A great car, but yeah, can be a lot of "learning" associated with them. I'm sure some of the guys here can provide some feedback about recommended shops for bodywork and paint. Nothing planned for a get together with the other SE Michigan lotus folks; sounds like something we should do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jon,

I think I met you at Battle of the Brits last Sept. I remember your very nice Elise SC. My Elan wasn't at that event. A friend had his white Seven there. It would be nice to plan some kind of lunch or whatever sometime with other Lotus owners from the MI area.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts