The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you dont mind a Kiwi bird on board here. Ive just had a look around and seems a nice place to be.

I own 99 Esprit Sport 350 No.23 which is awesome. Its the only one in the southern hemisphere so I am really lucky!!! I previoulsy owned a Black 89 Turbo - carbed engine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha ive just been there :wave: Fire away any questions you may have only too happy to help. When do you arrive? theres a Club Lotus Track day 30th March at Pukekohe. Im also in Auckland based in the North West - called Westharbour.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
How did you come by that car in NZ? Lifelong Lotus fan?

I just had a few phone interviews with companies in Auckland, so I hope to hear soon. fingers crossed

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Not only that.....you guys have the best beer !!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
They also have the best rugby!;)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Hi Kylie,

An awesome looking car. I can't wait to get to NZ. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you come by that car in NZ? Lifelong Lotus fan?

I just had a few phone interviews with companies in Auckland, so I hope to hear soon. fingers crossed

Re the car yes I imported mine from the UK and got here Dec 07.
I wanted one since they came off the production line, but at the time I was really happy with my 89 Turbo and had spent an absolute fortune on it restoring it like new oh and not to mention finding those extra funds to pay new car prices was always going to be a struggle. One of my mates in the Lotus club knew about my love for the Sport 350 and said I should hurry and get one in as he was in the process of bringing in a S1 Exige that he always wanted. Theres some new emissions laws in draft at the moment which if passed by the goverment (could be any time) it will be hard for people importing cars older than 2002. Diesels esp will be very hard. Petrol cars will need serious modifications to be complied no doubt. So I basically had no excuses and started looking in the UK for that 350 I always wanted to bring out here. This one isnt in bad condition, its got the typical rusty underneath as it were used on a regular basis and there was salt on the roads in winter time. It needed four new rotors, new pads and new brake lines to be complied not to mention getting steamed cleaned on arrival due to mad cow disease and all that in the UK -eek-. Our border control is really strict on pests/bugs and infectious diseases.

Thank goodness we dont put salt on the roads here.

Re your job good luck no doubt you will find something suitable.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Kylie,

I take it you are bird!
(I prefer emu's as they have longer legs, but Kiwi's are OK too.:rolleyes:)

There is an Aussieelise forum that has at least one other Kiwi on it, and a bit closer to home. There has been some talk about shipping cars over for a tour of the islands, but nothing definite at the moment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Holmz, yip am a kiwi bird :wave: Is that forum you mention not just for Elises and open to all Lotus owners? I know Esprit people on another Elise forum which I wont mention get flamed a lot just for being there which is sad really!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts