The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Finally registered for this site and looks I'll be picking up an Elise once everything is finalized with the owner!

Currently driving a 09 WRX which is my current DD. Hopefully I can DD the Elise once all this crazy weather clears.

I'm losing my motorcycle to get this Elise so that is the only sad bit to my intro!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Hi Thomas, Welcome. I hope your purchase goes smoothly.
I hear you...I will be selling my 2 Harleys this Spring. Spring, yes, think Spring!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome! I'm in NJ as well and your post sounds almost like me. I drive a 2011 WRX STI as my DD and just picked up my Lotus this past fall. I sold my 2008 GSXR for the Lotus and don't regret the trade at all. Once it starts to warm up there will be a lot of meets so I hope to see you there. Once again, welcome to the group!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi! I live in orange county NY and like to attend some NJ meets and stuff

welcome!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome. I am in Union, NJ. MY DD is 03 S2K.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Welcome.

I have a buddy in NJ - his name is The Situation - you should look him up!

:)

Seriously - what is going to suck is that you'll have to wait until all this crapola weather/snow leaves before you can enjoy it properly!

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Welcome to the club Thomas!

Thomas, Sam and Rob, not sure if any of you guys have joined PALS but there is a big Lotus gathering on Saturday, March 1st in Bethel PA. I know it's a haul but it's a chance to meet a bunch of Lotus locals and see a great variety of Lotuses as well.

And if any of you guys interested to heading down to LOG34, there's a bunch of us locals going. If you want to hook up, let me know.

O LEE O

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the forthcoming purchase!

Former South Jersey guy here, not quite sure how I ended up in Kansas, but I like it.

Except for the lack of good Pizza. And Hoagies. And Cheese Steaks.

The people are nice though :)

-Adam

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Another Jersey Lotus.... Sign up for the cars and coffee events and come show off your ride. Congrats! Btw are you northern or southern jersey? I'm up near Wayne

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone.

I'm in Edison NJ. Car is going in for PPI today so if everything goes the car will be mine.

I'll get back on the bike probably in another 2-3 years. I have had neck and upper back pains so it makes it hard to wear a heavy helmet. Hopefully by then also a bigger house to work on the car as well.

Hope to meet some of you guys out there. I have not seen a single Lotus in all of NJ. I've only seen 1 Exige out in Long Island by Manhasset when I used to live around that area.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
I hear ya on the back pain and neck pain.. I'm only 34 and just had my second spinal fusion in two years... All the wear and tear from a rough life stoe caught up with me.... I just sold my bike too. The lotus is a nice replacement tho. When you get the car come up to the bear mt cruise nights also. They are we'd nights and Start in the spring.

Thanks everyone.

I'm in Edison NJ. Car is going in for PPI today so if everything goes the car will be mine.

I'll get back on the bike probably in another 2-3 years. I have had neck and upper back pains so it makes it hard to wear a heavy helmet. Hopefully by then also a bigger house to work on the car as well.

Hope to meet some of you guys out there. I have not seen a single Lotus in all of NJ. I've only seen 1 Exige out in Long Island by Manhasset when I used to live around that area.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am a part of PALS, (at least signed up on their list), but most of the events are usually quite a trek. I don't expect the snow to be gone by march1st, so not sure if I can make it to the Bethel meet.

definitely will be more interested and able to come out during the spring time. I have a friend in PA who shares car passions and would be visiting him that would allow me to be a bit closer to PA meets

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Welcome. I work a stone's throw away in East Brunswick. Hopefully see you at PALS events and at cars & coffee.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome. Lots of great info here. Let see some pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts