The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, I’m Matt from Phoenix. looking to buy a 2006-2008 Exige S. Been stalking the forums and decided it’s time to pull the trigger on one.
Happy to be here now!

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Welcome to LT Matt! Great place to learn about what you need to know before purchase. Be sure to get your ten posts in so you'll be free to list or reply in the Marketplace.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
21 Posts
Hello from Phoenix as well! Hope you find something soon, it’ll be driving season soon once the heat starts to calm.
Are you shopping locally?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, would love to find one local, but I realize I'm going to have to look everywhere US to find what I'm looking for.
Question, I've read a lot on the AC being a slight cool breeze, not really cooling... have you upgraded yours/ any tips for me? Or does yours just sit during the hottest summer months?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hey Matt, Welcome to the forum. Please check Wirewheel.com as well. Great guys and usually have some really nice inventory. They are also a member on here!

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
21 Posts
Yes, would love to find one local, but I realize I'm going to have to look everywhere US to find what I'm looking for.
Question, I've read a lot on the AC being a slight cool breeze, not really cooling... have you upgraded yours/ any tips for me? Or does yours just sit during the hottest summer months?
What seems to happen is the coil can freeze up after a while, which reduces the cooling and airflow. Usually after an hour of driving, I turn off the recirc and compressor for about 5 min to melt the stuff, then it usually comes back. At that point though you have to manage it so middle of the summer driving for long periods is not as comfortable as most cars.
Check out the forums for other AC mods too, there are some things you can do to increase airflow into the cabin and such.

·
Registered
2005 Elise
200 Posts
What are you looking for? I got my 2005 Storm Titanium from a seller in California. We flew out there, checked out the car, bought it and drove it back. We had a blast getting it home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking for a 2006-8 exige s or s240. I’m sure that was a blast taking it back from Cali. Wherever I get it from I want to drive it back, not trailer. Would be good memories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts