The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just thought I would say hello to all elise minded people out there.:D My name is kirk and am a member of scottish elise and owen a saffron yellow S2 Exige, Which is back home in scotland:( I have just moved into my house here in Orlando Florida and wondered if there any elise minded people near here that I can chat to and get the low down on what you all get up to here in the USA. I will be living here 6mths a year of and on so may try and get my car shipped here.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
That would be very cool. Of course you may be hard pressed to find a curve in Orlando.;) Our Elise with the Sport Pack is basically the same suspension as your Exige.

Welcome to EliseTalk!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
shinoo said:
That would be very cool. Of course you may be hard pressed to find a curve in Orlando.;) Our Elise with the Sport Pack is basically the same suspension as your Exige.

Welcome to EliseTalk!
True that! I lived in Winterpark for 3 years and the only curves I found were around Rollins and in Oviedo.

Otherwise.. like and arrow. =(

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Kudzu Kanyons. Straight and lined with green. Interesting to me, for about 5 miles.

There are autocrosses in central Florida. Make your own curves.

S2Exige, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did think that finding a good bit of road to give the Exige a work out over here would be hard. Do you have many track days over here in the USA, I do about 1 a week back in scotland, and when there are no track days we have some of the best elise made roads in the world and very few gatsos to worry us. Do any of you know what the import rules are for bringing a car over, and what changes must be done. Can pick up some pretty cheap S1 and S2 left hand drive cars in europe for about $20k to $30k. This may be an option for me if import rules are not to difficult.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Some people are holding out hope that the federalization process can be retroactively applied to past Elises. Even if that happens, the Rover engine is still not emissions-certified here in the US so an engine swap would have to happen. I may be pessimistic, but I imagine that the total cost to import and modify an Elise to be more than buying a fed model new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts