The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been reading this forum for about 6 months now and finally decided to join. For the longest time I was flipping between a Honda S2000 and a Lotus Elise as my next “summer” car. Up until last week I was letting fate make the decision, that is to say if the right car came up, for the right price, either model I would have bought it. Trying to buy a convertible during the spring/spring summer is about the worst time, go figure:cool:. My ideal car would be a 2005 Aspen White Lotus Elise with >45k miles with red leather seats. I have seen a couple of these pop up, but I still feel the prices are over amped right now. I decided to go for the Lotus as I know this is the car I want deep down.
Background: I am an engineer. I tried my hand at Formula 1, but decided to stay in the states and take a more relaxing career. I worked on and drove mid-engine race cars for 4 years as a race engineer. I hope to contribute some of my knowledge to this forum.
If anybody can figure out my username you will have my respect. I am planning that for a license plate.

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Welcome! There is a white 2009 for sale that looks like a great deal from a member called Notorious in LA area! Special Purist edition with less than 8000 miles and has factory warrantee.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome aboard! You're just the kind of guy I'd like to get to know.
I'm up in Bothell.
PM me, I'd like to meet you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Had an S2000 but traded for a Lotus Exige in aspen white supercharged. I would say go for the Lotus its more stable when tracking. And the feels is much better. Im in your area also down south though!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

s2kjoe, thanks for the reassurance.

Apex_in_sno, incoming PM.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally the hunt for the elusive white whale is over.

I am the proud owner of a 2006 White Lotus Elise (Sports Package only :coolnana:)

:nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner:

·
Less is Better
2,704 Posts
Finally the hunt for the elusive white whale is over.

I am the proud owner of a 2006 White Lotus Elise (Sports Package only :coolnana:)

:nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner:
Congratulations. Let's get details and pictures! I haven't see any white cars for sale locally.

I bought mine from a board member in Olympia in the fall.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Congrats!!!! Yes, let's seet he shots.

Be careful out there. I went out joyriding this morning and it is still a bit slick in May Valley / Issaquah area. I worry about other assorted drivers gawking and then doing something stupid.:shift:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats!!!! Yes, let's seet he shots.

Be careful out there. I went out joyriding this morning and it is still a bit slick in May Valley / Issaquah area. I worry about other assorted drivers gawking and then doing something stupid.:shift:

Oh yah it was icy out there. Pulling out of the parking lot for the test drive I may have let the tail hang out a little bit. :eek: :panic: And the Yokohamas never really heated up.

The dealership was in Kirkland, got the car in yesterday already had 5 people interested before I called first thing this morning. Luckily I was local. When I was reading the specs on Autotrader I was drooling and then when I got to the the "miles from my house" and my mouth dropped to the floor -eek-, hung up on a meeting, and told my co-workers I be back after lunch, maybe.

Pictures are coming.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome from Tacoma! oh just notice i posted already well welcome again with your new Elise!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Oh yah it was icy out there. Pulling out of the parking lot for the test drive I may have let the tail hang out a little bit. :eek: :panic: And the Yokohamas never really heated up.

The dealership was in Kirkland, got the car in yesterday already had 5 people interested before I called first thing this morning. Luckily I was local. When I was reading the specs on Autotrader I was drooling and then when I got to the the "miles from my house" and my mouth dropped to the floor -eek-, hung up on a meeting, and told my co-workers I be back after lunch, maybe.

Pictures are coming.
Now you just gotta get your butt down to Proformance Racing School, and get some real driver training!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard. Which mods have you already planned? :)
Thanks. Oh boy it was a hard enough time finding the one I wanted, I didn't have time to think of what I want to do to it.

Probably a front splitter and the mess grills from the Exige on the front. I think that bit on the Exige makes the front look cleaner and being the nerd I am I will probably calculate the downforce from the splitter to justify it :cool:. (I did that for my M5's rear spoiler)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Ok, so when is our winter Seattle get together so we can check these rides out?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts