The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello LotusTalk,

Always been a fan of the S2 Elise and Exige and have recently started browsing again. Actually interested in MillieDad’s K20 one hence the new account but honestly am worried about how hard maintaining the car might be and the hassle of getting the car smogged. That said though also on the lookout for a stock British Green ‘05 as the other option. I look forward to being a part of the community.

Thank you,

CC

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Hello LotusTalk,

Always been a fan of the S2 Elise and Exige and have recently started browsing again. Actually interested in MillieDad’s K20 one hence the new account but honestly am worried about how hard maintaining the car might be and the hassle of getting the car smogged. That said though also on the lookout for a stock British Green ‘05 as the other option. I look forward to being a part of the community.

Thank you,

CC
Fuggedabout the K20 passing smog in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. It won't pass the visual. Do not pass go, it won't be allowed to register for the street here in CA.

Buy something that passes smog stock but with the reliability and handling mods if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuggedabout the K20 passing smog in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. It won't pass the visual. Do not pass go, it won't be allowed to register for the street here in CA.

Buy something that passes smog stock but with the reliability and handling mods if you're so inclined.
Hi StressCraxx, totally understand the car will likely not be registerable thru normal means *cough, but I am also considering purchasing the car as a track only car. I do realize the 2zz is a great engine as well though, as I do have some experience with 2zz MR2 Spyder’s. There is just no denying the appeal of a K20a in a light car for me. That said though, I do hear you on the benefits on having a car that is stock/street legal. Appreciate the concern and input! Glad to see long time members still active in the community, always a good sign!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I heard there's a tuner in San Francisco that can do a K20/24 swap on Exige/Elise, does anyone know the name?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts