The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself...My name is Avedis I'm from Pasadena CA and I am a huge car enthusiast. I currently own 2 cars a 2004 350Z touring package which is my daily driver and a 95 Supra TT with BPU++ mods. I have been getting really interested in making a nice light weight track car and I'm a huge Toyota fan and with the light weight body of the lotus and with the "Toyota" engine in it I belive this would be a fun project for me. If there is any advice anyone of you lotus gurus can tell me I'm all ears.

Thank You
Avedis

·
shay2nak
25,170 Posts
advice...buy one right away. :p

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Welcome ! :wave:

The Lotus Elise and Exige are very light and highly trackworthy compared to any other production car out there, right out of the box. The Exige is more track-oriented than the Elise, but both are highly capable, so you wouldn't need to do much, and you'd have a very nice track-day car. That being said, there are lots of people on this board who have modded their cars to make them lighter, more powerful etc. Do some searching using the "search" feature, and check out the various sub-forum topics.

Don't forget, that the best, most effective "mod" you can make is to the nut behind the wheel (that would be you) in the form of driver training (high-performance driving schools, etc.)

Have fun ! :nanner2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone...For now I am doing a lot of research on the car to determine what will be best for me. The other reason why I havent bought the car yet is the fact my final car payment on both my cars will be in September of this year and with those out of my hair I will be able to afford this car in a less stressful manner ( :

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm in Anaheim Hills and we share the same cars. '03 350Z and '95 Supra TT.

Get it and you won't regret it! I added a VisionFunction Supercharger to my Elise and it is 1000X more fun to drive compared to the others. If you like to mod your cars, the Lotus is a great project. Just don't add TV monitors in the headrests. The Lotus mod gods will strike you down.

Don't get rid of the other cars...each has it's own driving character.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts