The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello from across the pond...

i'm sure you guys have heard about the seloc charity bash last weekend, i wanted to drop in and mention that i took lots of pics at the event and they are available to buy with all the proceeds going to charity.

they are here

and available to buy in aid of tommy's baby charity. http://forums.seloc.org/showevent.php?eid=335

here is a little taster of my style! (no photoshop trickery all in camera!)

have fun and buy, buy, buy

tat-tar for now

skiddo/paul

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello!

i thought you guys were playing hard to get and was about to post this!

seloc seems to be squashed at the minute - but keep trying!

all the best skiddo

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the guy in the exige is austrailian racing driver/lotus test pilot hyla breese who was there doing passenger rides for charity.

thanks for the kind words.
hyla breese

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Interesting! Almost no orders for Aubergine and Aztek Bronze over here. Aubergine seems like a Hot Wheel color to me, but perhaps in the flesh it is much better looking?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very difficult to know how you are seeing the colour when everybody's monitors are gonna be different unless calibrated...

but on my screen this is pretty close. it is a stunning colour - especially when it catches some sun-rays!

it'd almost tempt me from my vx!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
steuspeed said:
Interesting! Almost no orders for Aubergine and Aztek Bronze over here. Aubergine seems like a Hot Wheel color to me, but perhaps in the flesh it is much better looking?
I think Aubergine is a fantastic colour. The only problem is, there's a few colours that are even more so !

Bronze is my least favorite. It just doesn't seem like a good colour for any vehicle ..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wow, I never really considered the Aubergine but those pictures look fantastic...didn't think color choice would be so tough. Kinda wish that Lotus didn't offer so many colors to choose from!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I didn think I wanted Aubergine at all. Now I have it on my short list. I am still worried it will look too girly on the Elise. Perhaps the diffuser, wing, roof scoop and black wheels on the Exige help overcome the color? It kind of remids me of that eggplant color on the old 911's.

How do you think the color looks on the plain Elise with the standard silver wheels we are getting?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol ste - eggplant is what we call an aubergine.

not at all girlie imo and certainly nothing to 'overcome' - looks stunning... i have more, less abstract pics if you want to look, lemme know...

skidz

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
skiddo said:
lol ste - eggplant is what we call an aubergine.

not at all girlie imo and certainly nothing to 'overcome' - looks stunning... i have more, less abstract pics if you want to look, lemme know...

skidz
can you post those also?

thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
last one. my camera is set to counter the cool light of an english cloudy day - but it kinda lifted and brightened leaving my shots a bit on the warm side, which i don't mind...

in this one i've tried to balance the colour so it's as neutral as possible - could be miles out on anybody elses monitor, but hey, at least i tried, eh?

see the colour in real life and see it in the sunshine.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts