The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I would like to request membership into the Lotus club ;)

I just finished purchasing a beautiful green with tan interior Lotus Elise in Toronto from Gentry Lane.

The car only had 16k KM on the clock and looks really good. There were some very minor rock dings on the rocker panels, but I don't think it's noticeable at all.

I've been wanting a Lotus since my high school days, like pretty much everyone here I suppose, so I decided to reward myself for my 30th birthday. =D

I haven't taken any pictures personally yet, but since this post is probably worthless without pics... I leave you the dealership pics of the car:

2006 Lotus Elise | Gentry Lane Automobiles

When I was getting the bank draft to pay for it, the teller asked me if I was buying a car. I told him yes, a Lotus. Then just a blank stare... I was wondering if I would be able to contribute to that "crazy things people have said about your Lotus pt.6" thread, but alas, nothing really came from that.

Anyways, bye for now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The roads somewhat drier now for this weekend, and I'm thinking of driving it home finally from the dealership.

My only concern is... it has the summer tires on still. Will it be a big problem? The roads are clear of snow, just a bit wet.

·
Registered
416 Posts
:wave: Welcome! From a fellow Canadian however now residing in Texas, better driving weather down here :D

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The roads somewhat drier now for this weekend, and I'm thinking of driving it home finally from the dealership.

My only concern is... it has the summer tires on still. Will it be a big problem? The roads are clear of snow, just a bit wet.
If you search the Yokohama tire site they mention to not drive on summer tires if the temp is below -10 C.

I'd drive it home when the temperatures are closer to 0 C which should happen in about a week according to the forecast.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome! I had Conti Extreme Contact A/S tires mounted for my trip home. The A048s were not appropriate for a 400 mile trip through the mountains of WV at 0* F. Just my opinion, but I would wait for warmer temps. Hope the car is indoors at the dealership too.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,483 Posts
Welcome. TONS of great info for you here. That's my favorite color combo. Gorgeous! I wish they made Evoras in the Grn/Tan.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts