The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , my name is Alan Travis and I just ordered a New Lotus. It is blue and orange and was just shipped to me from the “Port group”
It is a 2021. My daily driver is usually a 1913 Bugatti Grand Prix , but now I will have a car to drive on rainy days and if the group wants to drive a long distance and fast I will take the Lotus.
I wanted to get one of the last mechanical lotus’s before the electrics took over.
My hobby is restoring and driving 1897-1915 racing vehicles. I have done and still have 18
Of them. I hope the lotus will offer me some of the excitement the 110 year old racers do.
I have had other “refined “ sports cars in the past but very quickly they seemed to just turn into modern cars. I hope the Lotus will be just
Unrefined enough to excite me for a long time.
Thanks, Alan Travis. North Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

·
Administrator
3,919 Posts
Welcome to LT Alan! That's quite a spread of auto's that you'll be driving!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome Alan! The Bugatti is quite a car. I saw the YouTube video where you are interviewed about it. Enjoy the new Lotus!

·
Premium Member
2017 Evora 400 MT
57 Posts
Your daily driver is a blue 1913 Bugatti Type 22 Grand Prix racer?
That's quite the car for getting the groceries.

The Evora GT will be like time traveling to the future of automobile lore, welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Pretty awesome collection of cars. I appreciate and love the fact that they are driven, and you give an opportunity for the public to view such beautiful machines.
Welcome to LT.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Well this is unique. At first I’m like “some troll” but sounds like it could actually be the case that someone drives such special vintage vehicles for daily duties.

As a McLaren fan I’m all into blue and orange, looking forward to seeing a pic of your new car. On a rainy day.

Lotus remain more analog than most modern cars, interested to hear your assessment.

·
2006 Exige
811 Posts
Hello , my name is Alan Travis and I just ordered a New Lotus. It is blue and orange and was just shipped to me from the “Port group”
It is a 2021. My daily driver is usually a 1913 Bugatti Grand Prix , but now I will have a car to drive on rainy days and if the group wants to drive a long distance and fast I will take the Lotus.
I wanted to get one of the last mechanical lotus’s before the electrics took over.
My hobby is restoring and driving 1897-1915 racing vehicles. I have done and still have 18
Of them. I hope the lotus will offer me some of the excitement the 110 year old racers do.
I have had other “refined “ sports cars in the past but very quickly they seemed to just turn into modern cars. I hope the Lotus will be just
Unrefined enough to excite me for a long time.
Thanks, Alan Travis. North Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Excellent. Congrats on the new Lotus purchase. I believe I saw you and your race car at the Fountain Hills show last year.

Please post pics of all 18 cars!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome! I need pictures, and lots of them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will post some pictures when I figure out how. Jay Leno’s Garage has a full show dedicated to my restoration and driving. Jay Drove it for about 2 hours. I have Driven my old Race cars hundreds of thousands of miles since the early Eighties.
I probably have driven my Bugatti 15 k miles.
Sorry I may seem like a troll to some , but I am very well known for enjoying very early stuff. Today, I drove my 1897 explosion trike to pickleball.My wife is Very Happy I have finally decided to get a car with doors and a windshield.
And maybe even an electric start. We will enjoy our New Lotus a lot!!

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
78 Posts
I got some troll vibes at first from the misplaced capital letters and the pretty extraordinary claims but this appears to be a real life Leon Sumbitches scenario.

Awesome rides, look forward to some photos with the Evora and those classic cars!

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
78 Posts
Damn that is pretty. One thing you will miss in the Evora, no full size spare!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts