The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just bought 1 month ago a 2006 Lotus Exige. Just wanted to say hello.

The guy I bought her from, this was his baby. Trader , wallstreet guy out of Greenwich, CT. He updated her with stainless steel brake lines, bolts and nuts, racing parts... etc... Very pristine.... I feel like I just got married,,, to a car...

Would love to know rides in the state of CT, USA. You know grab coffee breakfast on Sat. or Sun. This car is only driven on weekends usually...but OMG I take her out and it is like,,, it's all about the car. Driving on highway constant thumbs up and people just trying to see her. This car is a trip...

In my past, dirt bikes, race bikes, cars, jetskis and drumming. Winning an audition out of 150 drummers in LA to play with someone famous. Just straight up off the hook.... Jetski custom Yamaha Ultra 150 2 stroke, built to snot with paint would take out Ultra 250 4 stroke. The yama R1 184 mph is really moving on a bike. It's scary to look at the speedometer on a race bike when moving that fast. Could I have held her longer to wind out the motor = yes.
It's funny, if you drive race bikes you know what I am talking about. This R1 would get to 150mph in seconds and then you have to bleed the motor and hold to get to higher speed.

I just wanted to give some background on me, the fun stuff...
My drumming career, I went into hibernation awaiting to sting at the proper moment. I actually set myself up as a mystery at this time. Let all keep thinking... Welcome to Lotus... have fun... the mind is a terrible thing...
Jamison

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Welcome to the club Jamison. I've had my Elise for four years now and am still "living the dream." Many winding roads in our state. Post a photo!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome!
I am sorry I did not see your post two weeks ago, as we did an incredible drive from Kingston, RI to Pomfret, CT. Where are you located? There is a Cars and Coffee in Taunton, MA on Specific Sundays and that is where many of us discuss drives, but honestly, I think we all agree if we got a call, we would be in the car within moments to go on a drive. Keep an eye on the drives in the Northeast Region as we get together with other car groups too to flex our gas pedals. PM me if you ever want to meet up for a ride, I am in Mid-Mass and love CT roads... Rose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you are in Granby CT, awesome!!! keep in touch on rides as I would like to meet all in the area.
Rocky Hill, CT
Jamison

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, and yes I agree New England is nice for driving. It's Sunday today and no rain just sun with a perfect cool temperature for the top off. Looking forward to fall with the leaves changing colors.
Jamison

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo kewl,
Music industry can be toughy...as we know many just get free music on the internet.
I have been fortunate for great memories in California.
I was there for the riots and earthquakes lol. Finally had to get the frig out and come back to New England. In said yes as many great memories also.
I play all styles but really enjoy over the bar line stuff. People reading this, this is a musician term and has nothing to do with bars meaning night clubs.
I enjoy latin fusion running that around the drum kit. Up beats with left foot on double base pedal for a single bass drum to incorporate ups in funk and latin. Throw in some odd meter and we rolling. Tinker with the high hat in between the left foot and left bass pedal adds to the fun.
Check out drummer Dave Weckl solo and Dave Weckl Salsa drumming.
The bass player I want to get with someday is Mark King from Level 42. He actually I believe lives close to our Lotus manufacturer. If anyone knows Mark King please drop him a line for me...I know he retired from music but still ...
2006 Lotus Exige it's all about today...need to drive her...it's Sunday and the weather is perfecto.
Jamison

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome! Drummer here also!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rose,
I agree, we should exchange phone numbers, personal e- etc... today is a perfect day. I'm out of Rocky Hill, CT. Definatly!! need to hook up and drive in the future...Looking forward to it....
Jamison

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm out of Lyme/Old Lyme with an 06 exige too :) Welcome!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Whoa look at all the connecticut representation! Tolland here. Welcome. If you want to do mods contact me. I have some background.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts