The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is just an introduction email since I've been lurking on the forums for a month and just purchased my 2011 Evora a few weeks ago.

Firstly, thank you - this site is a great resource and I wouldn't be as happy with my purchase and joining the Lotus community without it. I'm especially thankful to the fabricators and guinea pigs and people posting tutorials. That community support truly is needed with a limited production vehicle like ours and helps build confidence in ownership regardless of the future of the company as a whole.

With the confidence this forum has given me, I installed a Radium CAI yesterday and it was my first car mod ever. I was a bit nervous mucking with my new expensive car unsupervised but it went very well and I'm sure it will not by my last self-install. It took just under two hours because I got stuck trying to get threading lined up for one of the screws through the engine support bar and cover for 25 frustrating mins while everything was loose. I was ready to give up and get a friend to help drill out the plate a bit, but I tightened up everything else and then it just fit perfectly.

My previous ride was a 2008 Audi S4 (4.2 v8 manual) and I assumed this would be mostly a lateral trade as far as performance goes. I still have the S4 since I'm sending the Evora off for sound upgrades, etc and every time I hop between the two I reaffirm my decision to switch to the Lotus was a great one. The S4 just feels sloppy and loose, its an incredible win for the Evora.

I am a computer security researcher by trade and am moving from Seattle to Austin, TX in three weeks for a change of scenery (job is remote). I hope to meet some of you in the near future as I get this bad boy out to some track days and AutoX meets in Texas.

Cheers,
Rich

Premium Member
Welcome aboard! Great looking car. Congrats and have fun at the track;-)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Registered
Welcome and get prepared for the attention you will get with the Evora. Great to hear about the DIY mod you've already completed. Enjoy ! :shift:

Registered
Welcome to Austin and to Lotus. We have a few Evoras here in Austin and a quite a few local meet ups. You will love it here, the Evora was built for the Hill Country.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, totally excited to see an F1 track opening within 20mi of downtown. Missing the opening party today unfortunately ;)

Where are some good resources for local track events around Austin? I had found a website that was motorcycle focused but showed a bunch of good local highway routes with twisties, etc. Thought I bookmarked it but I cannot seem to find it again.

Registered
I honestly dont know of any. I'm live in west Texas (Lubbock). I have a house in Fredericksburg and family in Austin so I do come around often, I just never get to play :p

Premium Member
The Audi is a pocketknife and the Evora is a surgical scalpel. Welcome to the land of precision driving! NOW!! get out there and drive it!!!

Registered
austin is an awsome town. Id move there if it has as many oportunities for MEs as houston

Registered
There are quite a few winding Hill Country roads out of Austin just ripe for spirited driving...don't tell anyone that I told you that! Welcome and enjoy Austin, I know you will. I am sure we will meet up somewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts