The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Peter Rychel and I'm from B.C., Canada. I'm currently a Ferrari owner (1975 308 GT4), but I'm considering replacing it with an Elise.

I've been reading through the many, many topics covered here and I'm learning alot about the car. I'm sure it is alot easier to live with than my 308, although I love that car dearly and would hate to give it up!

Any owners in Canada that post here? I noticed in the Regions section of this site that there are zero posts there. Have they not been delivered to Canada yet?

In any case, hello to you folks and hope I can contribute to this forum. One day, I'll post as an owner...

The picture below is of me and my 308 on the stage at this years Concorso Italiano in Monterey. I drove this car all the way down from Vancouver to Monterey and back without any problems or breakdowns! 2200+ mi ! Let me tell you, it took alot of work beforehand to get it to be that reliable!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a better picture of my car, without a pot of flowers in the way...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome. Beautiful Ferrari, but you definitely need an Elise Also. Both would be very sweet. How did you drive so far and have no bugs on the front? Just kidding.

·
Registered
869 Posts
absolutely you can. Just dont drive it to a lotus meeting of any kind. I drove my porsche boxter to a regional meeting and it was so upset that it would not start. The boxter knew it was getting put out to pasture.:D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Beautiful Ferrari! And I'm very excited to hear that you drove it from BC to Monterey. I love those stories at the show. Too many people trailer their cars and never appreciate them on the road.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Last I heard it was still up in the air about elise to CA, has that changed?

Love the bertone body 308s
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Last I heard it was still up in the air about elise to CA, has that changed?
All I have heard are optimistic rumors about Spring 2005. :shrug:

Welcome Peter!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I do love my GT4 and like I said, I'd hate to give it up, but, currently, I can only have one "exotic".

Hopefully, by the time it comes to get an Elise, that situation will have changed...

The drive to California was a dream trip. Nothing beats anything in life, than a drive down the CA coast in a sports car.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Peter, my have seen you car. Are / were you thinking of having it repainted? If so we may have talked for a few min. From my one trip to Vancouver your neck of the woods isn't half bad either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LarryB said:
Peter, my have seen you car. Are / were you thinking of having it repainted? If so we may have talked for a few min. From my one trip to Vancouver your neck of the woods isn't half bad either.
I did have some paint work done earlier this year (repaired the nose and had the matt-black Boxer trim applied to the lower half of the car, since it left the factory that way back in '75). We've met/talked before? At the show?...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts