The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it in my mind lately to get a fun weekend drive in the country kinda sports car. Growing up my parents always had MGs and Triumphs. My everyday driver is pretty fun (Mini Cooper S cabrio) but my car guy gene is flaring.

Triumphs and MGs are still on the list but started thinking about Lotus too. Not super familiar with lotus. Remember the Elite from the Bond movie (had the hot wheel as a kid) and seen the Exige (I think) on Top Gear. I'll be searching on here and hopefully learning. I haven't even narrowed down what model I'm looking for. It'll be a couple of years while I save the money.

I'm looking for something that isn't too expensive (20k plus or minus) but isn't a dog either at that price.

So, any links to where a Noob should start looking other than the stickies or suggestions on models to start exploring or mark of the list would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
good luck with your lotus quest

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
You really need to drive one, and when you do, try not to compare it to what you drive now, just get a feel for the girl. Once you do that and comment back, we'll be in a better position to advise you of the pitfalls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steuspeed, thanks for the clip. Didn't get through all of it (2.5 hour clip - wow) but very informative.

You really need to drive one, and when you do, try not to compare it to what you drive now, just get a feel for the girl. Once you do that and comment back, we'll be in a better position to advise you of the pitfalls.
VisualEchos, but if I drive one I'll probably WANT one :):drool:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kestrel. Peered over some of the links but busy weekend so didn't get a chance to really dig into them.

BTW, any tips on finding one to test drive (probably Elise). I'm in Leavenworth, KS (KC area)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts