The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking to possibly buy an Elise or an Exige soon. I am leaning towards an Exige S or Exige S240, but have not driven one yet. I have always had a love for Lotus cars new, old, or race car. I am a car nut love fast cars new or old. I am looking forward to learning more about the Elise and Exige from you owners out there. When I do finally get to buy one of these beautiful cars, I plan on do some track events, group drives could be fun, and I like to do some of my own wrenching. Anything that I can learn about these cars from you guys or gals on here will be much appreciated. If there are any of you out there that are looking to coming to Road America or Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin feel free to hit me up with any questions about the area.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How far away is Elkhart Lake from Chicago? I know I could probably Mapquest it, but I'm being lazy. :) Well, I intend to be taking my car anywhere around the midwest when I get it - it is made to be driven afterall (although at first, I might feel bad about putting miles on it). Good luck in your Lotus-hunt! Waiting for my Exige S to finally arrive next week! Welcome!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How far away is Elkhart Lake from Chicago? I know I could probably Mapquest it, but I'm being lazy. :) Well, I intend to be taking my car anywhere around the midwest when I get it - it is made to be driven afterall (although at first, I might feel bad about putting miles on it). Good luck in your Lotus-hunt! Waiting for my Exige S to finally arrive next week! Welcome!
Well Elkhart Lake is about a 3 hour drive to Chicago. If you want to know more about Elkhart Lake, just ask I can post some links or tell you about the area. I have lived in this area my whole life. There is a lot of racing history here. If you love all kinds of cars I tell you some weekends that would be good to come up! Somethings you can see here just don't happen in other places. I know a lot of fun roads between Elkhart Lake and Milwaukee, also some down to Lake Geneva! Hope all goes well with your Exige S delivery.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Welcome,

If its in your budget for the car then go for an S240, or S260 both are nice especially the S260 with the CF inserts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Hey man, welcome :wave:

If its not in your budget to get a s240 or a s260...get a S and get a charlie tune.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Road America, Great track!! I have done some track days there on my Ducati. Loads of fun. Hope to get up there this year with the new car. Good luck with the hunt for the new ride, you will absolutly love it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Road America, Great track!! I have done some track days there on my Ducati. Loads of fun. Hope to get up there this year with the new car. Good luck with the hunt for the new ride, you will absolutly love it.
I talked with two guys last year with lotus elise's at Road America. They said the cars a blast on the track. One guy said he wasn't even close to using the car to the fullest. The other one said that he has owned many cars and this is it, nothing better for the track.

If you are coming up if you want get in touch with me feel free too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I talked with two guys last year with lotus elise's at Road America. They said the cars a blast on the track. One guy said he wasn't even close to using the car to the fullest. The other one said that he has owned many cars and this is it, nothing better for the track.

If you are coming up if you want get in touch with me feel free too.
Will do!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
They said the cars a blast on the track.
True.

One guy said he wasn't even close to using the car to the fullest.
Some drivers are.

The other one said that he has owned many cars and this is it, nothing better for the track.
:huh:. I love these cars but I certainly can think of many cars that are "better for the track." It is an excellent car for the track (until you have a wall kiss and are out a few grand) but "nothing better" is going way too far, IMHO.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Elkhart Lake? Man, am I jealous... I have to drive an average of 2.5 hours to get to a decent track from San Diego.

I've got fond Road America memories of going flat out through the kink on the back straight in a Skip Barber car... just awesome.

Oh, welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True.

Some drivers are.

:huh:. I love these cars but I certainly can think of many cars that are "better for the track." It is an excellent car for the track (until you have a wall kiss and are out a few grand) but "nothing better" is going way too far, IMHO.
I do agree that there are better cars for the track, but for the money these cars are great. And as far as the wall kiss any car that is more expensive is probably going to cost a few grand to fix these days anyways.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Elkhart Lake? Man, am I jealous... I have to drive an average of 2.5 hours to get to a decent track from San Diego.

I've got fond Road America memories of going flat out through the kink on the back straight in a Skip Barber car... just awesome.

Oh, welcome! :wave:
I love living only about a mile from the track! Most weekends are music to my ears. (when outside) This area is a beautiful area to live in. Glad to hear that you have had some fond memories from Road America.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts