The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Loop:

It would make a great poster reminiscent of the one showing all the cars in a garage reading "Justification For Higher Education"!

I'd let my wife drive the McClaren as it's an autoimatic!

Mark

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
On Enzo:
"It doesn’t interest me. I don’t like the paddle shifter. I like to
shift myself."

Well said. The shift knob is the interface between brain and the car.

"This is the first Porsche I’ve ever bought." On the Carrera GT. Poor guy, it sounds rough. ;)

On justification for higher education: I think that the picture of the Elise in our garages serves that purpose very well indeed.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
gotapex said:
He says that squatting right in front of an (ahem, automatic) SLR.
Which I believe was a gift from Mercedes. Beggers can't be choosers...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
gotapex said:
The SLR is really a different class of vehicle and the McLaren involvment shouldn't persuade you that this car was designed with the same goals as the CGT or Enzo. It's a Mercedes, first a foremost, which should give you an idea of what those goals were, for better or worse.

I do know that the SLR is selling well, and probably much better, than the CGT.

·
Registered
528 Posts
NMRJock said:
Which I believe was a gift from Mercedes. Beggers can't be choosers...
As far as I know, this was an unsubstantiated internet rumor. Leno was listed as the first North American customer to purchase an SLR (placing his order before even being invited to test drive one in Barcelona, Spain.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
gotapex said:
He also pointed out that the SLR is not a full-on sports car. As he says, "With the Mercedes you can drive it as you would any Mercedes." With the Enzo, you can't drive it like a Mercedes and yet you can't get the full experience of a sports car with a stick and clutch pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts