These (lube, mods) make a huge change in shifting.
6. As per some engine builders on these sites, wait AT LEAST 20 minutes after coolant has reached full operating temp before engaging cam switchover.
For street cars, consider removing one or both oil coolers. Some cover them.
7. Rear toe-links can loosen and break with disastrous results. You can check tq periodically, or use Nordlock washers. Best is conversion to better engineered brace, such as BOE’s InoKinetic’s for two examples.
12. These cars cannot be left off a Battery Tender for weeks at a time. Unless dead batteries are a particular joy of yours. Buy one right away. There are numerous threads here about which ppl use and like.
13, Some on this site are a bit obsessed with hockey pucks for lifting the car. Don’t use these. Too hard and slippery, generally, and too small a surface area. Use a piece of wood, as your hero does.
15. Most parts on the car are made by Toyota and others, so buying things like a/c compressors, engine parts, etc. is wildly expensive when purchased thru Lotus.
Toyota dealers, auto parts stores are way less expensive.
16. The soft high-grip tires on most of our cars lose much of that grip when temperatures drop below 50 F. I know of too many ppl who spun their cars when not remembering this. I use hi-performance all-seasons.
Note that many summer tires cannot even be stored in temps below 20 F.
For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com
Wow, thanks for all the feedback. Prior to shipping car Hayes from wire wheels sent car to lotus deler in Orlando to take care of recall for oil lines. The headlights have also been replaced. Have to look into some of the other items mentioned. I appreciate all the help and love the car. Totally different from cars in the past had a mustang with a Paxton supercharger another mustang with a vortech charger. Currently have a 1993 firebird with a pro charger but none of them give you the sound that I get from Lotus with VF with intercooler.