The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Exige S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here, but i have a 07 exige s, pretty much stock but with an aftermarket exhaust. Anyway i just installed a new battery and went for a quick drive, downshifted, loud pop, ended up blowing out the downward 02 sensor, had it welded back up today, tidied everything back up, and now it will crank but wont fire off, it will sputter but acts like it has zero spark.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Codes? Does it have spark and gas? Did you melt o2 sensor wire? (i dont think this would make it not start)

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,559 Posts
I am under the impression that the downstream 02 sensor will not affect drivability. The upstream one would. I use my downstream bung for AFR gauge. Hope you get it sorted man. Sounds like something else might be going on. Hopefully not.

I can't recall reading about anyone blowing out a 02 sensor before?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
@Motard is right; the downstream O2 will not affect how the engine runs; it is only there to check on the cat. Are you positive you didn't switch the sensors though? That being said, you should be able to cold start and run for a few seconds before the ECU starts looking at either O2 sensor since they have to be warm to work.

Have you checked the ECU fuses? Weird things happen with those guys

·
Lotus Technician
103 Posts
When the O2 blew out, is it possible that it tripped the inertia switch? The switch is mounted below the washer reservoir. has a rubber cap on top, push down on the center of the rubber cap and listen for a click.

as previously mentioned.... Also check to make sure the O2 are connected in proper locations, the connectors are the same. The long lead off the engine harness should be for the upstream O2, and the short lead for the downstream.

View attachment 1265958 View attachment 1265958

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I am under the impression that the downstream 02 sensor will not affect drivability. The upstream one would. I use my downstream bung for AFR gauge. Hope you get it sorted man. Sounds like something else might be going on. Hopefully not.

I can't recall reading about anyone blowing out a 02 sensor before?
I have

1 - 10 of 10 Posts