The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this, but couldn't come up with actual detailed instructions.

I put my soft top on recently for the first time, and noticed a see-through gap between the top of the driver's side window and the rubber soft-top seal. I have read there are adjustment screws for the window on the door, but I am not sure which one's they are and what the procedure is for adjusting them (clockwise, counter-clockwise, window up or retracted?). Can someone take a pic of these adjustment screws and their location on the door, as well as indicate how they should be adjusted? Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mine is the same, but it's all part of the mystique.
When the hard top is on its ok. I think the screw is at the bottom middle of the door. I was reading the searches too and was confused.

IMO leave it as it is unless it really is bothering you. TADTS

If you think thats bad; try figuring out which Toyota model the air filter comes from. Hint: Keanu Reeves starred in a movie with the same title.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO leave it as it is unless it really is bothering you. TADTS
well, the problem is that if I leave it parked outside somewhere and it rains, the window-seal gap is so large that I am definitely going to get water inside the car-- which obviously I dont want.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The two adjustment screws can be found on the face of the door that closes up against the chassis sill; one near the rear of the door and one more forward.

There is no magic to them. Leave the window up and mess with them. You'll quickly discover which way you need to turn them.

xtn

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
The two adjustment screws can be found on the face of the door that closes up against the chassis sill; one near the rear of the door and one more forward.

There is no magic to them. Leave the window up and mess with them. You'll quickly discover which way you need to turn them.

xtn
I don't think that's what he means.

In order to adjust the height of the window you will need to take the inner door covers off.
Once the cover is off you will need to pull the plastic foil (moisture barrier), which gives you access to the inside of the door.
There is one big screw right in the middle which looks somewhat like a door stopper. That is the screw which defines the upper position of the window.
I'm not sure which way you have to turn it in order to get the window to go up further, but it is really obvious once you look at it...:mw:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I guess it all boils down to whether the gap is vertical (Mr. C) or horizontal (xtn) with respect to the soft top. Either way, I gave him the fix for both.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts