The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made many friends here over the last year or so. Anyone with faith I need some help. I've been on Houston the last ten days or so helping mom be comfortable in her final days. Third bout of cancer and too weak for treatment. Anyway if I can get some prayers to help dad with acceptance and to ask god for his help in making this quick to end suffering. Don't mean to offend anyone but extra prayers will help. Thanks to all. Rick

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Sorry to hear of the situation with your Mother. I know the caring professional in Houston will make everyone as comfortable as they can considering.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
hoping for the best.

·
give me my second cam!
450 Posts
My wife and I are sorry to hear about your mother and give out our prayers for you and your family.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

My mom passed away from cancer 11 years ago after a horrific 5 year battle.

Ironically enough, today is 9/3 and it today would have been hers and my dad's 50th wedding anniversary!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sorry to hear Rick. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I lost my mother to lung cancer and a brain tumor in 2000, she was 59 years old so I've been there and know how you feel. I just did the best I could to make her final days her most happy and that's all you can do.

Robert

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
Lost my mom suddenly to heart disease when she was 60 almost 18 years ago.

Still hurts to think about it. :(

The pain of grieving eases over time, but we only get one mom.

Positive thoughts your way.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Rick,
May her passing be gentle. May you find the closure you need. My hopes and prayers are for all to find peace.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
All-in with prayers for your entire family.

Todd

S

·
0 Posts
prayers

Mark and I are sending you our prayers your way! And please never apologize for your beliefs.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
All my best and thoughts in your direction.

If there is anything you need from Oklahoma let me know - I'll make it happen.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sorry about your mom. I pray you & your family will be able to find peace during this difficult time.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The support here has been amazing. Thanks to all for all the kind words, pms, support, and prayers. It's been hard watching things deteriorate so rapidly. All our thanks. Rick

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Good thoughts from here too my friend - my father passed away back in February and we are finally having his service next week. So lots of fresh feelings myself.

I hope it doesnt sound bad to say I hope this move quickly as being in limbo is a hard place to be. We were all able to say goodbye and my father moved on quickly after that. I hope you and your family can find comfort soon.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and the rest of your entire family...God Bless

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Rick, I don't envy your situation but unfortunately with birth comes death.....not that that makes it any easier to accept. I SO do not look forward to being in your shoes someday with my parents.

My heart goes out to you and your family. May it be as peaceful as possible and may you and your loved ones find peace someday sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sorry buddy, prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts