The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OBII connetor has no output and my radiator fans do not turn on. Not even with turning the AC on,so no low or high fans. I have replaced the fan relay and checked all the fuses.

If there is anyone that has a knack for this I would be more than happy to pay them well.

I just think taking to the dealer would end up costing a fortune, but that might be my last resort.

I am currently deployed but you can get in contact with Kim.

I have the scematics if you would need them. I would just like to have this taken care of by the time I'm home the first week of july

Regards,

Darrin Cash

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You sure the ac system is pressurized (i.e. didn't leak everything out). The AC request goes through a thermostatic switch and trinary pressure switch before the request makes it to the ecu.

Also how are you testing for OBD-II output. Your scanner set to auto scan?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that the AC runs cold, but that doesnt mean its not low.

I have bought 2 Scanners and stopped at 5 shops (2 shops I stopped at 2 years ago and their scanner worked fine on my car) when in Ohio and no one could get it to talk, it would just time out

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That is very strange about the OBD-II. That system is very simple, basically goes straight from the ecu to the connector. I honestly think it is just communicating over one wire (obd-ii k-line) so there really isnt a ton that can to wrong there. Have you had your ecu reflashed with an aftermarket tune or something, since the last time the scanner worked?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Assuming you can get accessory power (which is all the OBD-II needs to work), i would check and see if you are actually getting any CAN signals on your ports to eliminate it being a power problem... could be done with an oscilloscope if you have access to one, or a multimeter (which will not be very good option).
If you can verify that, you may be able to check online for possible CAN problems (assuming that is it).
outside of that, you may be dealer bound

goodluck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts