The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just moved to Chesapeake, Virginia from Ohio and took my Lotus in yesterday to get state inspection. Well the manager called me just after lunch today to tell me the tech had backed my car into another car and smashed in the rear clam. They were very apologetic and promised to pay to get it fixed asap, for what it's worth. That said, I don't know the area very well yet and obviously a Lotus is not something you take to a run of the mill collision repair shop. Does anyone know of a good shop in or around the Hampton Roads/Norfolk/Virginia Beach area?

I've heard about D&V Autobody up in Sterling, but I'm hoping to find someplace a little closer.

To my untrained eye, this looks like it will require a new clam, not just a repair. I've heard new ones are notoriously hard to source so if anyone here knows who I can contact in the states to see about getting one that would be very helpful as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another Chrome Orange Elise in Chesapeake here. Did you ever get this sorted out? I would like to find a place to do some work on my front clam.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I had it shipped up to D&V in Sterling. They repaired the clam and did a great job. Took about a month or so to get handworked. I never found anyone around here that does Lotus body work.

Where are you in Chesapeake? I live just off of Dock Landing.

·
Drone Racing Pilot
78 Posts
I had no idea that there were so many Elise owners here in the 757! Glad you got everything fixed. Im in the yorktown/williamsburg area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I had it shipped up to D&V in Sterling. They repaired the clam and did a great job. Took about a month or so to get handworked. I never found anyone around here that does Lotus body work.

Where are you in Chesapeake? I live just off of Dock Landing.
I'm planning on just removing the front clam and taking it somewhere. If I have to drive it up to Northern VA, so be it. I haven't been able to find any solid leads locally either. We used to live over there off of Dock Landing as well (Lakes of Jolliff) but moved to the other side of Chesapeake about 18 months ago. Elbow Road area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts