The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am having issues with the bypass of the immobilizer. I followed the instructions that were posted here and on YouTube (with a small change which was to splice the cables AFTER the harness and not before (see photo).
It all started when I tried to turn the car and it acted as if there was some sort of wrong connection or short circuit with the cobra immobilizer. I left the car alone for a day but it drained the battery. After that I removed seats, panel and splice the two wires on the extremes of the harness. Now I get a battery signal, but no ignition activity at all. What is wrong?
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Audio equipment Electrical wiring Thumb
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Audio equipment Electrical wiring Thumb

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Elise
151 Posts
Did you get a good bite with the wire nuts? sometimes if you go not strip enough wire they can cause intermittent issues. Also have you checked battery voltage? description sounds like a low battery.

·
Registered
2005 Nightfall Blue Lotus Elise
35 Posts
@Avidreader From the angle of the picture's its tough to tell..... Are you saying that you connected the wires on the immobilizer side of the plug? Or on the Car's harness side. Theres a big silver box that all of the wires are coming out of...Which go to one end of the plug, then the other end goes into the car's firewall through the rear. Which side did you splice and connect? I'll gladly walk you through this.

·
Registered
2005 Nightfall Blue Lotus Elise
35 Posts
Bag Luggage and bags Shoulder bag Rectangle Beige
@Avidreader Looking a little harder at your picture..I answered my own question. I can see you spliced into the side coming from the immobilizer. If that's the route you are going to take, than you need to remove ALL of the other wires on that side, aside from the 4 that you spliced together. See this image here? This is the easy way out, it's a piece that you can buy to bypass your immobilizer... Notice how the only wires attached to this plug are the 4 wires being jumped together? That's all that can be plugged in if you want it to work the way you did it....

OTHERWISE..... Do exactly what you did, but to the other side of the harness (the side coming from the firewall) And you will be 100% perfect. Then you no longer need to plug these 2 harnesses together. You can actually throw out the one connected to the silver immobilizer box and get rid of it altogether. Also side note, when bypassing your immobilizer you will get a constant blinking red light on your dashboard.. If you want to stop this light you need to also disconnect the harness from your cobra alarm which is located behind the passenger side access panel inside the car.

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
View attachment 1297005 @Avidreader Looking a little harder at your picture..I answered my own question. I can see you spliced into the side coming from the immobilizer. If that's the route you are going to take, than you need to remove ALL of the other wires on that side, aside from the 4 that you spliced together. See this image here? This is the easy way out, it's a piece that you can buy to bypass your immobilizer... Notice how the only wires attached to this plug are the 4 wires being jumped together? That's all that can be plugged in if you want it to work the way you did it....

OTHERWISE..... Do exactly what you did, but to the other side of the harness (the side coming from the firewall) And you will be 100% perfect. Then you no longer need to plug these 2 harnesses together. You can actually throw out the one connected to the silver immobilizer box and get rid of it altogether. Also side note, when bypassing your immobilizer you will get a constant blinking red light on your dashboard.. If you want to stop this light you need to also disconnect the harness from your cobra alarm which is located behind the passenger side access panel inside the car.
Or you can keep them plugged and cut and short from the other side like you suggested. I did keep enough wire at the connector so I can revert back to oem by using bullet crimps. This will keep the flashing light as theft deterrent and allow it to be turned off via the fob. This is how I ended up doing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts