The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to open the car in the garage after a mo of not using it and the remote does not work. go to the store, changed both remotes batteries and still does not work. the light of the alarm is on, and the battery is new, so I know is not a battery issue, plus I cannot even open the doors with the key!!
any advise???
please help
love you guys!!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Dukes of Hazzard.

Seriously though, haven't had this problem, but I recall seeing threads about it before.

I'm sure it's been experienced and solved.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
It sounds like your CDL module is defective(central door lock). Look under electrical and click alarm and immobilizer to find checklist of problems and fixes on how to replace CDL module. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
In one month or no use, it definitely sounds like your new battery has discharged, check the voltage first.
If the tachometer security light will not turn off, it is not the CDL module.
If not, you need to try syncing the remote fobs.
1) Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (remote fob LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync. complete
If that does not work, you need to open the trunk, find the inertia switch next to the coolant reservoir and apply + power to the center white wire which will open the door locks. From there you can reprogram the remotes or check the rest of the alarm.
Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!!

thanks so much to all you guys that replied!!
hubby took care of the situation reading all the suggestions,
yes battery was dead (only 5 volt, i think) and he followed step by step.
It's my fault, I should use my lotus more often, but with 9 mo old twins, unless I go out by myself....its impossible :(

thanks again, you guys are the BEST!!!!!:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts