The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will not unlock. I have tried both keys and it will not budge. The red dash light is lit. Not blinking but it is staying on. What can I do. I can't get in the car to get to the trunk. Help :crazyeyes

The alarm went off by itself last night during the middle of the night. It was raining so this could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Stand near the car and push/hold both fob buttons until the fob LED blinks. this should resync it. Then try pushing the large fob button to unlock.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My car developed (May '05 build) a similar problem last fall. Before my warranty was up this week I took it in and all of the sensors and actuators in the alarm/locking system were replaced.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok now there is no light blinking in the car and I think the battery is dead. Is there any way to open the trunk without getting into the main part of the car? The car will not unlock and I don't want to have to call AAA.

Help

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea, I have an exige so I have no way to open the trunk without getting into the car.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Make sure the interior light is in the down position. It is stupid, but if it isn't the door locks and alarm don't work right. I had to make a trip all the way back to the dealer once to discover this after the same problem. Didn't know they had bumped the light or why my locks didn't work anymore.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
the exige has a remote battery post under the front access panel, take out the allen bolts and attach a charger if you think the battery is dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts