The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance.

Comcast bought the company that had provided my email, so now instead of @patmedia.net, my new address is @comcast.net.

They stopped fwding patmedia email today.

Is there a good way to have emails sent to my old patmedia address sent to my new address?

I tried 4warding.com, but this site has no provision for entering one's old email address and getting it forwarded.

Yes, I notified everyone, but this is a business acct and not every potential customer will know.

Next, would I be better off with a domain name? If so, what is the best, cheapest way to do this?

thx again.

-g

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Find a friend in IT. He secured and hosts my domain for me. Now I have all the email addresses I want on my permanent domain and it only costs me like $12/year to maintain.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Find a friend in IT. He secured and hosts my domain for me. Now I have all the email addresses I want on my permanent domain and it only costs me like $12/year to maintain.
+1

I've had my own domains for ~10 years. It gives me a lot of flexibility in giving out email addresses, blocking spam and abuse, and all sorts of neat tricks (like forwarding selected emails to my cellphone). Some of this is easy to do, other things require a little software creativity. But having your own domain is easy and puts you in control of your email address.

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, both of you.

Yeah, I guess a domain name would be the way to go.

1. In meantime, anybody know how to fwd @patmedia.net to @comcast.net?

2. Where would you suggest I go to get a domain name?

(I always wanted, but won't use: trytoremain.com)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
thanks, both of you.

Yeah, I guess a domain name would be the way to go.

1. In meantime, anybody know how to fwd @patmedia.net to @comcast.net?
That would have to be done by the servers that process the patmedia.net domain (I suppose that's now comcast.com). When Earthlink took over netcom.com, I was able to log into my netcom account on Earthlink and set email parameters... so I'd look to comcast.com (not comcast.net) to see if you can log into your patmedia.net account from there

EDIT: It looks like you can still log in to your patmedia.net account... there are no instructions on how to move/forward your email address?

2. Where would you suggest I go to get a domain name?

(I always wanted, but won't use: trytoremain.com)
I use Web.com for my domains...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts