Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started cutting out and stalling. I got a CEL and the following codes:

P0076 - Intake Valve Ctrl. Solenoid Circuit Low
P0077 - Intake Valve Ctrl. Solenoid Circuit High
P2648 - A Rocker Arm Actuator Ctrl. Circuit Low
P2649 - A Rocker Arm Actuator Ctrl. Circuit High

After reading threads on LT with similar codes, I replaced the R3 and R6 fuses and cleared the codes. The car ran fine for about 20 miles and then the same issue developed. CEL is back on with the same codes.

I'm guessing that something is causing fuse failure. Can anybody tell me what I should check/do next?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Were the fuses actually blown or no? Also, the manual says that the MIL won't be triggered for either of those codes until they are on for "two consecutive trips".

I'd start with the obvious - trace the wires to the ECU and make sure they aren't pinched or anything, check the connectors for a firm, clean connection, and check your oil level.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
I would definitely look for a short. The fuses blow to protect the circuit. If you replaced them once and then they blew again, I would say that is a sign of a real problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. After checking, it looks like only the R6 fuse (7.5a) was blown on the second go round. Oil level is fine. I did not detect any noises. I'll start trying to locate a short.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Post from the dead alert! My lotus has the same codes. I replaced the VVT fuse as it was blown and idled fine. I drove it down the street and drove fine for about 15-20 seconds then popped the fuse again and started running rough/surging every 3-4 seconds so I limped it back home and replaced the fuse again. Here are the codes again:

So it sounds like the consensus is a short but where should I start looking for it? Any help is greatly appreciated as I'd love to drive my car again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Post from the dead alert! My lotus has the same codes. I replaced the VVT fuse as it was blown and idled fine. I drove it down the street and drove fine for about 15-20 seconds then popped the fuse again and started running rough/surging every 3-4 seconds so I limped it back home and replaced the fuse again. Here are the codes again:

So it sounds like the consensus is a short but where should I start looking for it? Any help is greatly appreciated as I'd love to drive my car again.
Did u ever figure out what was wrong ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts