The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To put it simply, I can't seem to adjust the brightness of my instrument cluster. The procedure in the manual, which states to hold down the button next to the key cylinder, doesn't work. Does anyone know how I should be doing it?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Make sure the lights are on when you do that procedure. The cluster will change brightness as you hold it down and hopefully when you release the button it will be at a point of brightness you like. It is a PITA to get right. Its the same button that resets the trip odometer and the only button next to the ignition cylinder.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Make sure the lights are on when you do that procedure. The cluster will change brightness as you hold it down and hopefully when you release the button it will be at a point of brightness you like. It is a PITA to get right. Its the same button that resets the trip odometer and the only button next to the ignition cylinder.
For my 2009 Canadian Elise the procedure is the same I believe and is documented in the manual. I had tried it many times and it had not worked. One time after perhaps a year of ownership it worked while I was trying to do something else.

It must be that you need the lights to be on!!! Thanks, you solved a mystery for me.:clap:

The funny thing is that after it did work I was excited but then ended up putting it back to the original brightness, LOL.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. After experimenting, I figured out that for 2011s the LCD display has to be set to km/h in order to change the brightness. The headlights don't need to be "on" (although in reality they're always on).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts