The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Tomorrow is the day I am placing the final order for my Elise and I was hoping those of you who have ordered your cars could give me some advice on negotiating the best price for the car. That is if there is any room at all.
From your experience, were you able to negotiate at all, or is it only MSRP pricing at this time?
Cheers Doug

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't think anyone has gotten a car for under msrp.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Get MSRP at the time of delivery in writing.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
what about paperwork? When you place an order are you supposed to get an invoice or something that shows the color/options, price, delivery date that you and/or dealer has to sign?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I didn't.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
what about paperwork? When you place an order are you supposed to get an invoice or something that shows the color/options, price, delivery date that you and/or dealer has to sign?
Nope. I never filled out anything more than the deposit form. Since I ordered the same day I placed my deposit there was no need to reconfirm anything. And on their side, it's not like they had any information on delivery date to give me.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I got what I had always wanted and bitched about from day one -a document that lists all options, denotes MSRP and is signed by both me and my salesman. To me, that is an order with a capital O.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts