The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Anyone in Chicago interested in helping me learn how to change the oil?

Thanks!:)
Well, if your up for a little roadtrip to southern Illinois near St. Louis I would be glad to help. Only about 5 hours :shrug:
I have ramps and tools. you bring the beer and oil :D

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Well, if your up for a little roadtrip to southern Illinois near St. Louis I would be glad to help. Only about 5 hours :shrug:
This is why I love this forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chhirowolf, that's kind of a far road trip. I appreciate your offer though!!!!

How hard was your first oil change on your Evora?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Come join our 5/10 drive. ShadowWulf is in WI and has an Evora and will be there...

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Thanks Chhirowolf, that's kind of a far road trip. I appreciate your offer though!!!!

How hard was your first oil change on your Evora?
Probably one of the easiest things you can do on the Evora as a DIY. Follow the DIY posted and you will have no problem. I'm no mechanic and it took me only about an hour for the whole process, including beer :D.
Would recommend ramps if you have them or can borrow some.

Good Luck :UK:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Chhirowolf, I am going to tackle same shortly...I have ramps and am planning to back up onto them...do you need to put boards (2x6 or what-have-you) behind the front tires to keep the lip from rubbing the ground when going up the ramps?

With thanks.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Chhirowolf, I am going to tackle same shortly...I have ramps and am planning to back up onto them...do you need to put boards (2x6 or what-have-you) behind the front tires to keep the lip from rubbing the ground when going up the ramps?

With thanks.

I have Low profile "Race Ramps" which give me about a 10 inch lift and do not require additional board. I know a few guys that have Rhino Ramps and they do use a couple of 2x6s so the front lip does not rub

here is a pic of the ramps when I added my Difflow diffusor. I even have the front splitter protector that extends the lip about another half inch with out any rubbing problems getting onto the ramps.

IMG_0708.jpg

·
Registered
412 Posts
It makes a good group activity if you have a lift--because you can fellowship with your friends while they help you remove all those $!$#% cap screws!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts