The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck at Autoclub Speedway with a completely cooked set of front brake pads and need to get a set from autozone or napa but they don't have in catalog. Aren't these same pads put on a different car that I can cross reference. Thanks for any help. Will start searching archives.

Dewar
'05 elise

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
277 Posts
From a previous thread:

The front brakes on an Elise are the same pads used on the rear of a 2006 Subaru STI

Autozone part # DG961 or MKD961

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Wish I had more for you......but I don't. Good luck bro!

FMSI D174/109
Rear 1989-95 Nissan Skyline GTR
Hawk part #HB-180
Porterfield R4 or R4S 109.14 - Fits Alfa's, BMW, Nissan, Opel
Ferodo 4003 or Ferodo DS3000
Mintex F4R or Mintex M1166
Pagid RS14 or Pagid RS421
AP Racing CP5119

Why I always have an old set with me at the track.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Brake pad P/Ns are just like oil filter P/Ns...the last numbers are all the same for a particular figment. The front brakes are a 961 and the rears are a 491. Tell the guy behind the counter to bring out everything that ends with those numbers...you will see that they are all the same shape...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys! Unfortunately none of the 3 parts stores had anything for the rear 1995 skyline or part number d174. Not sure if having the Subaru info would have helped. None of the parts stores could look up the part using lotus info. Was going to be $500 for a tow home to San Diego so drove home using only the ebrake. The caliper was slightly dragging on the outer part of the rotor even without applying the brakes and hopefully will be good after pulling it and getting it refinished. Just checked out the sector 111 ultra discs but I'm not sure if I'm ready to drop $600.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
I can confirm that the rear STI and Evo pads will fit our fronts. I recently got down to the metal backing on my passenger side front, and I just used a set of backup rear track pads for my Evo. Pad pattern is identical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts