The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first off whats up im jordan..ive been looking at the elise for about two or three years i cant decide 100% if this is the car for me i just want some people opinons. So tell me what made you buy the car...give me some reasons why i should thanks guys any pros and cons will be awsome thanks again everyone...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you've been looking 2 or 3 years and can't decide if it's the car for you....it's not the car for you. (uhm- or you could test drive) Heck plenty of us decided it was the car for us, based off a mag. article or whatever, and then put our deposits down and had to wait 2 years for our cars to arrive.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...if you're waffling on real-world practicality, this thread is a must-read...

...if you're waffling on performance, an elise or exige will beat anything you're likely to encounter on the road except dedicated racing cars in a straight line, and it will outhandle most of those anywhere the road gets interesting...

...if you're waffling on price, a used elise is the best deal going amongst exotic cars - there are better deals to be had for dedicated track cars and for practical sports cars, both, but no other manufacturer offers the same combination of raw driving experience with road-going livability for anywhere close to the price of a lotus...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Oh no3s!!! not again. Search function FTW.

Where is the FANQ??!?!? (Frequently Asked n00b Questions!) LOL!

Seriously though, if you can't make up your own mind, then buy a Camry or Accord like everyone else. :p

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Where are you?
This may help, try to meet up with some of the owners at a gathering in your area some time. Like at a cars and coffee or such.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh sorry i worded it worng i mean i know i want the car who wouldnt i mean look at them there amzing cars and thanks for everyones input and sorry if it was a repost to some people but thanks...bt what made you all buy the lotus just wondering

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I already had a daily driver, so I wanted something fun, nimble (and didn't necesarily have to be fastest in a straight line). The choice was clear. The elise has many negatives and compromises but its worth it

But yes, this is too vague of topic, you should know what you want and why you want it. Go test drive one if you're unsure

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Seems like you might be new to forums. Check out this. Check out the uberthread. Read around a bit. All your simple questions are here. Possibly hundreds of times.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9q2jNjOPdk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9q2jNjOPdk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ha! SweetDaddyD is grumpy! I love it! It's SDD10, ACE10's protoge!

I bought mine because I wanted something faster on the track. The miata, although when driven fast, is still not fast enough.

PS. the lotus is a "tweener" car so far for me. I am faster than most but still slower than the fastest drivers... it is not "the driver" this time, the car is in between everything. Unfortunately, that means theres not many people to play with on the track :( I need to get some hoosiers!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got impatient and got a G35C 6-speed loaded. Kept it about a year and then got the Lotus - should have stuck with my original plan...my stupid brain:wallbang:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts