The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just went to move the elise outta the garage to work on my bike, and it has had trouble starting lately, but this time it fired right up, but it sounded like an wrx sti, like exactly like it, i thought it just needed to be warmed up a little so i gave it a little rev to about 1800 r's and the sti sound stayed, it spit quit a bit of smoke at the start, it almost sounds like a choke is on. Has anyone had this happen? it doesnt sound good at allll:confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i pulled it out of the garage but it sounds like a fricken sti tho, its definitely not its normal self, the check engine light is on too. It smells like theres a lot of gas getting into the cylinders, the exhaust smells more gassy then normal.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
My friends cosworth did that a few years ago after sitting for a while. I know its an older style engine but it might be worth looking at. It got condensation around the plugs and leads & sounded like a WRC car up to about 4000rpm, coughing, backfiring, farting, spitting flames for a while until it cleared itself out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts