The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP! How do I get a new Elise at MSRP by next summer??

Gang,

Hi. Anyone have a strategy for getting into an Elise by next summer at MSRP? My car the Elise would replace is going off lease in the spring. I'm already on a list, but I'm a high number (68) at a medium/low allocation dealership (Rothrock). An 18-24 month wait would suck. I will not do an ebay buy, and would prefer to pay MSRP or maybe a modest premium ($2.5-5k). I want a new car, not a flipped car. I want my options (HT/LSS/Touring) and color combo (StTi w/biscuit).

Any ideas?

Any new dealers with new lists to get on?

What to do?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
find a new Lotus dealer that springs up is the only option you have. Keep your eyes peeled.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yup. Keep your eyes peeled. Maybe we will see a dealer in Las Vegas before the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy,

Any rumors as to which dealers might be trying to sell Lotus in las Vegas? Sounds like a great spot for a delivery and a long, long drive home to a waiting 1000 mile service...

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yes, next summer doesn't seem realistic by just getting on a waiting list, unless there are new dealers, and you're one of the first to the party.

You should be able to buy a car that a dealer has available because somebody dropped out. I personally think that those might go at a modest premium in a few months. I heard about one offered for $5K over MSRP (for a delivery around January/February), and those could well go lower if you hold out for a few more months.

If you want to get on a waiting list, try MidRivers Lotus. They probably won't make you exact promises because longer term allocation numbers are still uncertain, but I believe that they could get you a car in considerably less than 18 months if you get on their list now.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
If you are willing to pay a small mark up over MSRP I'm sure you can get a car a lot sooner than that. Just call all dealers and let them know to call you should they have a drop out, they'll be glad to make the extra buck.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think it makes sense to hedge your bets and get on a waiting list somewhere to. Look for a reputable dealer. Heck, you might get lucky and get offered a car from someone that dropped out.

Check into Autostrada in Austin also.

I don't expect any new dealers soon. But maybe later in the year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Maybe we will see a dealer in Las Vegas before the end of the year.
Oh Please, Please, Please, Please.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
If you are willing to pay a small mark up over MSRP I'm sure you can get a car a lot sooner than that. Just call all dealers and let them know to call you should they have a drop out, they'll be glad to make the extra buck.
Yeah, I'm paying a small mark up, as in $945.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Chris, as others say get on a list somewhere, however, I think by next year you'll be able to buy one for only a slight markup, maybe 2-3000.
Chris

·
Registered
431 Posts
Call Classic Automobiles, they are some what close to you and last I heard their list was quite a bit below 60. They are in East chester NY. When I talked to them a month ago they had recieved 2 cars, 1 customer and 1 the demo (BRP), so that may imply they are about mid pack as far as allocation.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hmmm! Definition of 'Delusional' - Someone who suffers from a misleading of the mind; A false believer; Also known to be part of something called the, 'I Gotta Have An Elise Soon Syndrome'!
Recommended Treatment: Daily dose of
'spin' which works best if consumed in the morning.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How about - I take delivery of my Elise in November - promise not to put more than 1500 miles on it and you buy it from me at the price and tax I paid for it in the spring?

PM me if you are interested - details of the car are in the Cars for sale section....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts