The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to lotus talk and I have an 06 Elise. I have been searching this forum for about 2hrs now and I can't seem to find a direct answer to my question. I know that coil-overs are avail but I am not looking to spend alot of $$ as I am not using the vehicle for the track, its just for show. I have seen some say they lowered their vehicles with the stock suspension, is the stock suspension adjustable, if so how do you adjust it?

What other options are there for lowering our cars. BTW I am going to run an aftermart wheel and tire setup.

17x7 42offset 205/40/17
18x8 25offset 245/35/18 40mm fender flares in the rear
Does this setup sound right?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
If you're going "just for show", the stock elise brakes will look teeny with 17/18s. Not that they NEED to be bigger, but just a thought for "looks:

Also the wheels will be heavier and unsprung weight is really bad for cars, especially ones where weight really affects how the car performs like elises.

Sure those big wheels will fit with a lowered elise? Usually people go with smaller, lighter wheels (ie turbophil)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Help: How do I lower my Elise

Track Pack equipped cars have 10 way adjustable Bilstein dampers. Lotus provides recommended settings for street and track. The damper perch may also be adjusted to lower the car approx 1". If you change the perch it is recommended that you have the car corner balanced.
If you do lower the car - be CAREFUL as you will risk damage to the clam should you have an "off" (street/track).
You can also go aftermarket for adjustable dampers.
Good luck.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Here you go:

View attachment 87086

Aw, I forgot, that's how you lower a Tesla..........sorry, I can't help you with your Elise. :shrug:
I was about to say... you must not live in SF, but NY. I can't imagine it's much better. The car is pretty low to begin with, but good luck.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I know that coil-overs are avail
Besides what everyone else has said, you need to get over the "ricer" terminology. "Coil overs" are shocks and springs combined into one unit (although they can be separated). That may be a snazzy "improvement" on other cars, but all Elise/Exiges come with coil overs. It's part of the suspension design.

What you meant to say is that you are aware that there are after market adjustable height (etc.) springs/shocks available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts