The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I have only just bought car and yes hinge was seized. Opened the boot and the right hand one snapped along bottom edge just under the round hinge pin assembly.

The hinge seems to be clamped in place, with the bolts (perhaps) holding the clamp inside the car behind the black plastic speaker panel.

Problem is, inside I can see the threads which I assume are from the clamp but all covered in some form of black mastic compound!

Anybody else come across this? Do I remove mastic (how?) and find bolts underneath?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, thanks for advice and pictures. I did have the plate holding the hinge but it was fitted the other way round to the diagram. The bolts were in a recess, behind the plastic panel behind seats and I had to spend half an hour removing black mastic before the bolts were revealed! Now all fixed and can take the car back on the road.

I am based in the UK.

Thanks again all.

Phil

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
No worries Phil:wave:

You might also want to try SELOC which is the UK Lotus forum - loads of enthusiastic members and events plus technical advice on all Elises (this forum mostly deals with the Fed Elise - 111R and newer).

Cheers,
Aedo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts