The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to eliminate the annoying high-pitched buzzer that comes when door is open and key is in ignition. Have you done it? Or can anyone direct me to a relevant post? Don't see the speaker/buzzer on schematic (did I miss it?). THX!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
After reading this post and the other links, here is how I removed the annoying ignition buzzer on a 2005 Lotus Elise while still retaining the lights-on buzzer

Remove the GREEN-RED wire behind the instrument cluster

Note1: If you remove the C3 fuse you no longer have a radio.
Note2: The Purple wire on the instrument cluster will also remove the buzzer for the lights on
Note3: There are 2 GREEN-RED wires at the connector, I figured out the correct one with a multi-meter between the instrument cluster connector and the C3 fuse (remove fuse).
Note4: I chose the non destructive removal of the pin rather than cutting the wire (your choice). It can be done by removing the large blue locking pin and using a very small screwdriver from the front of the connector. I then used heat shrink to keep the removed wire safe.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Forgive me, but who would care about that buzzer enough to spend more than 2 minutes on it?

Close the door or remove the key: Free, fail-safe, easy to do.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
That made me laugh.

BTW, my original radio works with key in or out.

Garage has old component radio.

·
Recreational Mechanic
835 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Did you have to pull the instrument cluster out to access the wiring, or can you get to it under the dash?

·
purveyor of lightness
4,268 Posts
The wiring shown above with the removed wire is from the rear of the gauge cluster so YES you have to at least pull the steering wheel surround and binnacle...

·
Recreational Mechanic
835 Posts
Thanks. Looks easy enough. I like that you can keep the headlight buzzer but get rid of the key/door buzzer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.