The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to eliminate the annoying high-pitched buzzer that comes when door is open and key is in ignition. Have you done it? Or can anyone direct me to a relevant post? Don't see the speaker/buzzer on schematic (did I miss it?). THX!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
After reading this post and the other links, here is how I removed the annoying ignition buzzer on a 2005 Lotus Elise while still retaining the lights-on buzzer

Remove the GREEN-RED wire behind the instrument cluster

Note1: If you remove the C3 fuse you no longer have a radio.
Note2: The Purple wire on the instrument cluster will also remove the buzzer for the lights on
Note3: There are 2 GREEN-RED wires at the connector, I figured out the correct one with a multi-meter between the instrument cluster connector and the C3 fuse (remove fuse).
Note4: I chose the non destructive removal of the pin rather than cutting the wire (your choice). It can be done by removing the large blue locking pin and using a very small screwdriver from the front of the connector. I then used heat shrink to keep the removed wire safe.

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
Forgive me, but who would care about that buzzer enough to spend more than 2 minutes on it?

Close the door or remove the key: Free, fail-safe, easy to do.

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
That made me laugh.

BTW, my original radio works with key in or out.

Garage has old component radio.

·
Recreational Mechanic
833 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Did you have to pull the instrument cluster out to access the wiring, or can you get to it under the dash?

·
Recreational Mechanic
833 Posts
Thanks. Looks easy enough. I like that you can keep the headlight buzzer but get rid of the key/door buzzer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts